HDMI Audio not working (NVIDIA nForce 730a/Realtek ALC888S)

Chociu

Hello,

Running XP x64 on here, alongside Vista and 7. I'm using a LG 32LD320-ZA LCD TV as monitor. I noticed HDMI Audio works in the latter two operating systems once the NVIDIA nForce drivers are installed successfully, however in XP x64, I have installed from WU (and also tested initially from NVIDIA site) the driver and it doesn't work properly (no audio, no option to select NVIDIA HDMI Audio, and only Realtek ALC888S is provided).

The audio device does start, by the way. It doesn't make an error, it just starts and works but doesn't seemingly do anything at all.

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_10DE0101&REV_1000\4&14F9C3BD&0&0301 is the instance ID for the NVIDIA HDMI Audio

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_10250153&REV_1002\4&14F9C3BD&0&0001 is the instance ID for the Realtek Audio

1.3.18.0 is the driver version for NVIDIA HDMI Audio

5.10.0.7111 is the driver version for Realtek Audio

I can get sound to work via plugging into the speaker jack of the desktop and then into the back of the TV however the volume is incredibly low even when on the highest OS setting, I have to set the volume level on the TV to about 50 to get the same result as putting it on 20 in Vista/7.

I've also tried disabling Realtek in the BIOS, which results in no sound at all.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong? Is there some sort of known documented issue with NVIDIA HDMI audio on Windows XP x64?

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I simply installed Vista SP2. It seems to "just work" in Vista's case after installing nForce drivers, so probably it's the drivers fault completely and that they never had proper support for XP 64.

Edited by Chociu