Run GlassToasts (balloon notifications) in Windows 7?

Martin24

I don't know what could be changed in the program to tackle the taskbar disappearing issue, especially since it doesn't appear to be universally reproducible issue. Plus the program uses standard API calls to hook itself into explorer.exe, which is overall a rather simplistic process. Does starting it with a delay with the help of Task Scheduler help? I guess one extra command line parameter could be added to specify that it starts with a delay.

I used the great program Startup Delayer https://www.r2.com.au/page/products/show/startup-delayer/ and added 30 seconds delay. Then during the whole day I have restarted my computer up to 10 times to test if the delay would help.

And it did! The taskbar haven't disappeared anymore after I added the startup delay.

• 3 months later...

UCyborg, мany thanks for the update. I have a couple of suggestions. My taskbar is on top, so the message is not placed correctly, can I fix it? And if you can, add a setting to turn on the sound (preferably with a file selection) when a message appears.

Безымянный.png

P.S. It seems that the display in the skins themselves is wrong, the program is not to blame. I will try to remake skins.

Edited by ED_Sln

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2019 at 10:30 AM, ED_Sln said:

P.S. It seems that the display in the skins themselves is wrong, the program is not to blame. I will try to remake skins.

Yes, it seems they have to be made specifically for non-default taskbar configurations.

On 5/19/2019 at 10:30 AM, ED_Sln said:

And if you can, add a setting to turn on the sound (preferably with a file selection) when a message appears.

When I have more time and if I figure out how to do file selection and such.