Python 3.7.1 for Windows XP

Dibya

Finally a snake is caught .

Python37_WinXP_20181128_105126167.exe
https://www114.zippyshare.com/v/FBBJz5vw/file.html

Special thanks to Samuka since I stole his API implementation.

Special thanks to FranceBB for making installer for me .

I believe it will help Https proxy development too.

Edited by Dibya

On 11/27/2018 at 11:26 PM, Dibya said:

Finally a snake is caught .

Python37_WinXP_20181128_105126167.exe
https://www114.zippyshare.com/v/FBBJz5vw/file.html

Special thanks to Samuka since I stole his API implementation.

Special thanks to FranceBB for making installer for me .

Well done and thank you.

Would you be able to port over the x64 version? :rolleyes:

Edited by XP-x64-Lover

On 11/28/2018 at 6:26 AM, Dibya said:

It would be nice - but I don't get this version to run under XP.

In my opinion, important system settings are missing, such as the path to the directory and registry entries (but I'm not sure).
Anyway, I can't start python.exe, there is a mistake in a missing procedure (but I haven't saved the messagebox now).

And I can't install any additional python modules, the installation of pip is already failing (the following, of course, can't run either):

python -m pip install --upgrade --force pip

So my question: what exactly is to install? I lack a little bit of guidance. Only a unpacking into the directory python37 can't be ...

Edited by Thomas S.

The way I tested wasn't by installing additional modules, but unpacking it to C and trying to run a programme using the new Python Redistributable and it actually worked. I used a simple script to grab video and audio from a stream using rtmp via Python.

I didn't test it with any other scripts and I didn't try to install any additional components, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't work. 

It is a backported version after all, but as far as "runtime executable", it works fine.

Edited by FranceBB

15 hours ago, Thomas S. said:

Without the ability to install or update modules, more complex scripts are not possible.

Please have a look over at the other Python [3.5] thread:

A patch to enable pip has been provided... :thumbup

Edited by VistaLover

As I said: I am not able to run python.exe

The patch does not help.

Error.thumb.jpg.8a93b1549de2040654a0f5ac5df880c2.jpg

python.exe - System error
NtCreateFile API failed. This error should not be returned to any application because it is a placeholder for the Windows redirector so that it can use its internal error allocation routines.

@FranceBB & @Dibya: The yodeling obvious, if it hasn't yet dawned on you both, is that both your day-to-day XP systems are too modified to serve as test platforms, and that, by contrast, the virtual machines you both are using as alternative test platforms are not realistic enough to display the issues people are finding... With all due respect, haven't you realized that by yourselves, by now?

13 hours ago, dencorso said:

@FranceBB & @Dibya: The yodeling obvious, if it hasn't yet dawned on you both, is that both your day-to-day XP systems are too modified to serve as test platforms, and that, by contrast, the virtual machines you both are using as alternative test platforms are not realistic enough to display the issues people are finding... With all due respect, haven't you realized that by yourselves, by now?

You are right, our version of XP is pretty heavily modified and our virtual machines don't always behave like physical ones do, but I don't have a "normal" XP SP3 installed in a physical machine. Since you are pointing it out, I take the chance to tell everyone that we have a group on Skype in which we organise things to do, so if someone is willing to help us testing or coding and so on before posting the results here on MSFN, feel free to tell us and we'll add you. :)

Out of records, this is something we do in our spare time, and it's actually done in a bit of a rush as we are all very busy (me, Dibya, Samuel, Peter). If they were official projects, they would have been organised on VSTS (Visual Studio Team Services), with a track of every change, every commit, recorded test sessions and so on, but they are not and everything is a bit of a mess. On the top of that, only Samuel works as a Full Stack Developer; I mean Peter is more of a system admin than a programmer (but he's studying how to code), Dibya is a junior developer and he is trying to do a lot of things driven by the passion he has (and he's still improving year by year) and I do something completely different for a living as I'm a broadcast engineer, specifically I'm an encoder: I encode programmes to make sure that they are ready to be put on air (Luma and Chroma are in range, audio is at -24LUFS, there's no noise, no aliasing, no ringing etc by writing scripts in a pseudo code close to C). I know that it might sound like "oh, so you actually are a programmer" and the answer is "yes, but as long as it's AV related, I'm fine, but if it's not, I'm not that good and on top of that, I suck in writing intrinsics, for instance". In other words, it's a pretty "weird" group, but we all share the same passion for XP, even though for me it's becoming something more "academic", just to see what "can be done" as my main OS is Fedora (Linux) and I do many other things on Windows Server 2019, and at work I have W10 on all my workstations (I mean, I don't like it, but I can live with it, 'cause work is work and it's all about getting things done).