Anyway bypassing this in iTunes on Windows XP?

NojusK

• 2 years later...
7 hours ago, KennyOmega said:

I remember that I read about a trick with the help of you could bypass this error. Unfortunately, apple doesn't support its apps on outdated systems anymore.

Hello KennyOmega. I’m not sure if you joined MSFN just to answer this 2-year-old question or if you would like to use iTunes 12.1.3 on Windows XP yourself? FWIW, a Windows Vista user posted on February 1, 2021 that he is now able to sign in with two-factor authentication enabled on his Apple account. If that doesn’t work for you, another Vista user posted a “trick” on March 27, 2020 that might be worth investigating.

7 hours ago, KennyOmega said:

...I wanted to use the new version of iTunes on my old laptop with Windows XP. Unfortunately, I didn't find any information that could help me and that's why I commented here...

You absolutely cannot use “the new version of iTunes” on XP or Vista. (In fact Apple ended support for Windows 7 and 8.1 a few months ago now.) The information posted above relates only to the possibility of signing in to your Apple account using iTunes 12.1.3, which was released in 2015 and was the last version to support XP. (Even signing in was apparently blocked for such old versions by October 2019, and I mistakenly thought that might be the reason you posted here.) If you or anyone else wanted to download iTunes 12.1.3 from Apple’s website, it can be found at this page:

https://support.apple.com/downloads/itunes

Note: It is not possible to support any iOS devices with such an old version (unless maybe you haven’t upgraded your iOS since 2016 or earlier).

My iTunes v.12.0.1.26 is still logged in, since probably years ago. If there is a chance i won't be able to sign back in, i'd rather not play with that though.

I even tested downloading a few apps now, unfortunately they all require IOS version newer than the v.6.1.6 running in my iPod touch 4.

The only app i found that has a suitable older version is the game Canabalt, but it's paid.

Also, clicking on "Account" in the app store crashes iTunes...

Edited by RainyShadow