Anyone experienced endless errors with Security-SPP/Event ID 16385?

DeathBlow

I've noticed I'm getting an error in Event Viewer titled Security-SPP with Event ID 16385 every 30 seconds saying the following:

Failed to schedule Software Protection service for re-start at <time_stamp>. Error Code: 0x80070002.

I'm using an OEM install of Windows 8.1 - no upgrades, IIRC this is the OS this laptop came with (Lenovo Y50-70). 

I've had a look online, and whilst I could find others with the same issue, there isn't an easy fix and many talk about importing the tasks within the SoftwareProtectionPlatform copied from other working Windows 8 systems.

So far I've ensured that NETWORK SERVICE has full control in permissions for the C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\SoftwareProtectionPlatform folder.

I've been able to open Task Scheduler OK (some mention it errors for them), but even with Show Hidden Tasks enabled, cannot find any tasks listed within the Microsoft\Windows\SoftwareProtectionPlatform folder.

What's concerning me is this is apparently related to license authentication so I don't really want to mess about with things I know little about and then be left with activation problems.  But at the same time it would be an absolute pain to reset my PC - especially just for a relentless Event Viewer error.  

Edited by DeathBlow