Beware of Office 2010 Updates!

Hi guys, I have signed up specifically to thank Dave H for his solution to the problem of Office 2010 modules not opening on XP after the latest Windows updates.

Before I found this thread I was about to uninstall MS Office and replace it with OpenOffice instead (I might still do that!).

Now that I have removed KB4461522 everything has returned to running as it should.

Thanks once again, Dave, and I hope all others in the same predicament will find your fix.

Edited by fernman

["I don't speak English, sorry."]

Hi guys, I "too" have signed up specifically to thank Dave H for his solution to the problem of Office 2010 modules not opening on XP after the latest Windows updates.

Before I found this thread I was about to uninstall MS Office and replace it with OpenOffice instead (I might still do that!).

Now that I have removed KB4461522 everything has returned to running as it should.

Thanks once again, Dave, and I hope all others in the same predicament will find your fix.

Hi Please may I get some help with  KB4461522 type issue GetDateFormatEx. with XP and Win2010

Have the issue described  by many - GetDateFormatEx. in Kernel32.dll. Updates are disabled on my computer but have this problem Restore has not solved it (a series of restores back to mid Oct) and the update KB4461522 could not be found. Anyone can you help.

K Rgds RoCri

Good news all round!
Microsoft Update is no longer warning me that I've hidden an important update, and KB4461522 has vanished from the hidden updates list.
:thumbup
Now, should I uninstall KB2863821?
:dubbio:

• 2 weeks later...

New update available today: KB4461579:

This update makes some changes for the Japanese calendar in Office 2010 so that the new Japanese era name can be displayed correctly when a new era begins. Additional updates may be required for Office applications because of expected changes in the Japanese era. We will update this article as necessary.

Blackwingcat, at least, will find it useful.