Beware of Office 2010 Updates!

59 minutes ago, mockingbird said:

Thank you.

Would you happen to know why Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (KB3001652) does not install?

Did you try installing it manually?

Looks like that was a very problematic update when it was rolled out four years ago!
One example here.
Are you sure it's compatible with XP?
At the very end of that thread someone refers to a fix that actually relates to .NET 4.5, which doesn't work on XP of course.
:)

Edited by Dave-H
Correction

34 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Looks like that was a very problematic update when it was rolled out four years ago!
One example here.
Are you sure it's compatible with XP?
At the very end of that thread someone refers to a fix that actually relates to .NET 4.5, which doesn't work on XP of course.

Interesting...  But it is being offered through Microsoft Update.  Any idea on where to look for an error code?

On 11/7/2018 at 8:05 PM, Dave-H said:

Microsoft Update offered me two suppsedly important updates for Office 2010 on Windows XP a couple of days ago, KB2863821 and KB4461522.
They installed fine, but the next day I came to use Word, and it would not run, with the error message -

Application popup: winword.exe - Entry Point Not Found : The procedure entry point GetDateFormatEx could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

This was followed by "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application".

Hi Dave, i could not found those updates, how can i find those because i got the same problem with the office. thanks for your help

You need to find KB4462157 and KB4461614 in Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel and uninstall them.
They can take some finding as the updates are not listed in order, but they should be somewhere in the list under Microsoft Office 2010.
Office should work fine again then.
Switch off automatic updating if you have it on or it will automatically install them again.
Go to Microsoft Update and do a custom scan for updates.
When and if it finds those two updates, hide them.
HTH.

Edited by Dave-H
Typo

hm...https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4462177/description-of-the-security-update-for-office-2010-february-12-2019

says "

To enable these improvements, you need to install the following updates together with this update.

December 4, 2018, update for Office 2010 (KB4461579)

January 18, 2019, update for Office 2010 (KB4462157)"

I wonder if this will fix the broken updates:dubbio:

It doesn't look as if that update will replace MSO.DLL again, so I suspect it will make no difference to the problem I'm afraid.
I do hope I'm proved wrong!

Edited by Dave-H
Typo

Just now, Dave-H said:

It doesn't looks as if that update will replace MSO.DLL again, so I suspect it will make no difference to the problem I'm afraid.
I do hope I'm proved wrong!

RiXVqN5.png

after a reboot

like CMON MICROSOFT,IM REALLY ANGRY THIS TIME:realmad: