Antivirus for XP 64 bit edition

NojusK

Basicly im fixing up my old XP pc from 2008 and i have got a XP 64 bit CD so i will install it. And i want to have some protection.What Antivirus you could recommend THAT works on XP 64 bit.Thanks :yes:

I consider this good enough.

On 2/1/2016 at 1:41 AM, sdfox7 said:

Please notice it's the last version that works OK to this day, and updates correctly, too. there's also a great thread about MSE on the main XP forum, in case you need help (it's fallen out of the 1st page, though). :)

On 11/10/2018 at 3:01 PM, dencorso said:

I consider this good enough.

Please notice it's the last version that works OK to this day, and updates correctly, too. there's also a great thread about MSE on the main XP forum, in case you need help (it's fallen out of the 1st page, though). :)

Thank you! :thumbupJust tested it on my XP 64 bit machine.Definitions updated.Then downloaded MSE Updater from @heinoganda .Works really great. :).MSFN is really the place were people go to know:worship:

• 2 weeks later...

NOD32 8.0.319.0

It's absolutely a dream on XP64.

I will have to put together an instruction readme though, because there are some things you want to do after installing to get it running smoothly.  Very little overhead and no quirks like staying resident ad infinitum on a USB stick and not letting eject like MSE.  If you're interested, let me know.

Was using AVAST before this before they killed it on XP x64, and NOD32 was well worh the 5 dollars or so for the 3 year subscription (eBay).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/23/2019 at 11:12 PM, bluebolt said:

Online installers for AVG Free and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit worked fine just now.  Both appear to be running nicely.

AVG 2015 stopped receiving updates since Aug.14 2018. Current version AVG can be installed on XP x64 machine, but its block all internet connections. Its didn't work properly with XP x64. But this version AVG works fine with XP x86.

Edited by Andreasmir

I don't know about AVG 2015 or AVG with XP x86.  As for now, google "AVG Free XP" and the first result is this:

https://www.avg.com/en-us/windows-xp-antivirus#pc

which looks like this:

AVG-Free-XP.png

which downloaded, installed and ran fine on my XP Pro X64 test bed, and currently looks like this:

AVG-Free-04132019.png

and is accessing the internet normally:

AVG-Free-04132019-internet.png