Tiresome problem using Windows 10

Roffen

Relatively new user of Windows 10, I am having a recurrent problem whenever I attempt to make a comment.  A new box is created and I write whatever I've got to say, but when I attempt to pay for the privilege, I only get a message telling me that I cancelled my request. If this is unfamiliar and unclear to you, just let me know and I will go back and go through the process once more and be careful to note what I do and write down the response that I get.  This has happened to me on several occacions so it looks like it is a permanent problem. Either I do something wrong, or there is a problem beyond my horizon.

BTW, I am using a relatively new Lenovo desktop computer, and wonder if it would be possible to make it run WindowsXP? I don't need or want Win 10, it just came with the Lenovo machine.. Would a Rufus  USB stick be sufficient to install Win XP on the Lenovo? Is the Lenovo capable of running XP at all?

26 minutes ago, Roffen said:

Relatively new user of Windows 10, I am having a recurrent problem whenever I attempt to make a comment.  A new box is created and I write whatever I've got to say, but when I attempt to pay for the privilege, I only get a message telling me that I cancelled my request. If this is unfamiliar and unclear to you, just let me know and I will go back and go through the process once more and be careful to note what I do and write down the response that I get.  This has happened to me on several occacions so it looks like it is a permanent problem. Either I do something wrong, or there is a problem beyond my horizon. 

Please provide a screenshot of an error message. On Windows 10, if you press Windows button and print screen button simultaneously, it will create a screenshot in your documents\pictures\screenshots folder. They you can edit it the way you want in paint (right click on image file -> edit).

29 minutes ago, Roffen said:

BTW, I am using a relatively new Lenovo desktop computer, and wonder if it would be possible to make it run WindowsXP? I don't need or want Win 10, it just came with the Lenovo machine.. Would a Rufus  USB stick be sufficient to install Win XP on the Lenovo? Is the Lenovo capable of running XP at all? 

Please provide exact computer model. Lenovo has hundreds of models, so without exact model, we cannot say.

It is between Ctrl and Alt on the left, or between Alt and Context menu on the right. If you are not using a "Windows" keyboard, those keys will not be present and there may be a gap. If you are using an Apple keyboard, either of the Apple keys should work as the Windows key by default.

Clarification: The Windows key has a picture of the Windows logo on it.

On 10/31/2018 at 9:56 PM, Roffen said:

Is the Lenovo capable of running XP at all?

Probably not. Assuming that I found correct model:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/no/nn/products/desktops-and-all-in-ones/300-series/310s-08iap/90ga/downloads

Lenovo never provided drivers for other system than Windows 10. Without drivers, bets that you can get is 'bare' windows XP, which will be totally unusable for daily use :/

I tried to find out which motherboard model/chipset is used, but Lenovo seems to have had hidden this one. So even if I find XP-compatible drivers for other components, I cannot easily get the one needed for this component.

Summary: Better stay with Windows 10 on this computer.

• 2 months later...

For a while, I thought my Lenovo Win 10 machine had gone crazy. But after a couple of resets it looks like it is back to about where it had been. I pray that I won't have any more scares like that thrown at me again.

Is it a good idea to accept one of the offers for WinZip utilities? Will that spare me further problems like I have had?

Edited by Roffen
Deleting irrelevant text.

This is the second time you have named WinZip utilities....Get that crap off your computer! The only program that is legit and you should be using if needed is Winzip for packing files....

The rest of the crap bearing Winzips logo that fixes drivers and so fourth is just plain malware!

bookie32

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like Windows 10. I think changes have been done to it each time i return to Win 10. Here is my problem today: I insert a USB stick but am not able to locate and open it although I have done it at least one time every day for a long time now. Where is it?

17 hours ago, Roffen said:

I don't like Windows 10. I think changes have been done to it each time i return to Win 10. Here is my problem today: I insert a USB stick but am not able to locate and open it although I have done it at least one time every day for a long time now. Where is it?

So....please tell us why you are wasting time even trying...?!

If you are going to continue to post about problems the first thing is...do yourself a favour....you have been used to XP Pro...so install this program "Classic Shell"...no longer being developed but works a treat...you will have a menu like WindowsXP and then you will probably find things....

I want to add here that I am not a diplomat and can be a bit harsh at times.... And I apologise if I have offended anyone...not my intention!

I really hope Roffen understands....we are just trying to help....

The more information we have the better....:D

bookie32

Edited by bookie32
Little harsh on member...sorry!