Where download Windows 98 updates?

WinFX

In 2011 Microsoft closes Windows Update v4. So it becomes difficult to download updates, exist USP but since I am from Argentina I need the Spanish version not English. Around 2015 they closed their own FTP but in web archive there are 3 copies of 2002, 2014 and 2015. Are there Windows 98 updates on ftp.microsoft.com?

Have a look here at MDGx's site (Win98 page).
Find any updates that you are specifically looking for and note the KB (Knowledge Base) number associated with the update(s) you are searching for.
Use MDGx's Hotfix Request Form to see if the Spanish version of any of the updates are still available.
If this doesn't work, you might try searching the web for the specific file names of any updates you're looking for.
(example: KB# = 168115; English Hotfix name 168115US8.EXE [kb#+lang/country+8{windows 98}.exe]; not sure offhand what replaces "US" in Spanish filenames)

If this doesn't work I'm not sure what else might help. If you do find any updates, be sure to archive them and upload them somewhere where others may benefit before they are lost forever.

If you have Windows 98 Second Edition these Spanish language updates may be of use to you. I collected them over 10 years ago. Even if you have the first edition of Windows 98, some of the installers contain the files for both 98 and 98SE and will install the files appropriate for your OS.

98SEupdSpa.rar

Included in the archive:

IE5.5 SP2 in Spanish (I don't have IE6 in Spanish)

Most of the standard Win 98SE updates in Spanish. Those updates that are in English are in English because they were never released in Spanish or any other language, so I assume they are language neutral.

Various versions of Windows Media Player, including MP6.4, WMP7, WMP7.1 and WMP9 in Spanish.

Good luck.

Thank you very much, do not make a problem for IE6SP1 since I have the installer offline on my PC for all compatible systems.

Now I am downloading that big number of updates, from what year to the year you collected all this?

And one thing you also have collection of Windows 95, Windows ME or Windows NT 4.0?

14 hours ago, GianLuca18092004 said:

Now I am downloading that big number of updates, from what year to the year you collected all this?

And one thing you also have collection of Windows 95, Windows ME or Windows NT 4.0?

To answer your questions. I collected these updates back in 2007-2008 after 98SE went EOL.

I am not a fluent Spanish speaker. I understand just enough Spanish to get myself into and hopefully out of trouble. Back in 2007 and 2008 Windows 98 CD's could be had for next to nothing so I collected a few. Tracked down updates to go with them. I have a few updates in Spanish for Windows 95b but that's about it. Nothing for ME or NT 4.0. I don't even have the post SP6a updates for NT 4.0 in English. If I ever felt the need to install NT 4.0 I would install SP6a and not worry about the rest. But then wouldn't Windows 2000 be a better choice?

95b_upd_Spa.rar

Thank you very much again, it happens that Windows ME nobody used it:buehehe: and NT4 very few used it. But there's no problem.

But whoever is reading this did compilation of ME or NT4 upload it to this topic.

• 9 months later...
On 10/20/2018 at 8:05 PM, antiproton said:

If you have Windows 98 Second Edition these Spanish language updates may be of use to you. I collected them over 10 years ago. Even if you have the first edition of Windows 98, some of the installers contain the files for both 98 and 98SE and will install the files appropriate for your OS.

98SEupdSpa.rar

Included in the archive:

IE5.5 SP2 in Spanish (I don't have IE6 in Spanish)

Most of the standard Win 98SE updates in Spanish. Those updates that are in English are in English because they were never released in Spanish or any other language, so I assume they are language neutral.

Various versions of Windows Media Player, including MP6.4, WMP7, WMP7.1 and WMP9 in Spanish.

Good luck.

Does anyone have these updates also for the Dutch version of Windows 98Se and Windows 95OSR2.5