uBlock Origin, Chromium 54 and Firefox 52.9 ESR

It is preferable not to let an extension do the work when you can do the same with the browser settings.

https://armin.dev/apps/ping-spotter/

MSFN members using NM28 have ping disabled by default.

Check:

about:config

browser.send_pings set to false (default)

It is not necessary to have enabled in UBO - Setting -Privacy
Disable hyperlink auditing.

For the CSP report block just set:

security.csp.enable set to false

It is not necessary to have enabled in UBO - Setting -Privacy:

block CSP reports

To disable Beacon API you need to:

beacon.enabled set to false

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

5 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

For the CSP report block just set:

security.csp.enable set to false

It is not necessary to have enabled in UBO - Setting -Privacy:

block CSP reports

But doesn't security.csp.enable;false mean that for the sake of just blocking CSP reports, the whole CSP browser feature is being turned off? Having a read of the Content Security Policy (CSP) documentation, I think CSP is something we should keep enabled :dubbio:; of course, I am not a security authority like yourself :thumbup, so please share some extra knowledge on this... :P

Kindest regards, keep safe and healthy (Saturday I'll get my first anti-Covid19 jab :rolleyes: ) !

11 hours ago, VistaLover said:

But doesn't security.csp.enable;false mean that for the sake of just blocking CSP reports, the whole CSP browser feature is being turned off? Having a read of the Content Security Policy (CSP) documentation, I think CSP is something we should keep enabled :dubbio:; of course, I am not a security authority like yourself :thumbup, so please share some extra knowledge on this... :P

Kindest regards, keep safe and healthy (Saturday I'll get my first anti-Covid19 jab :rolleyes: ) !

I've been using this privacy-protecting setting for years without any problems.:)
Raymond Hill also writes about this feature:

...Important: disabling CSP reporting is not something which will break web pages, the purpose of CSP reporting is strictly a development tool for web sites....

https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Dashboard:-Settings#block-csp-reports

P.S. I have the first dose of vaccine (Moderna) on May 29, my wife who is only 4 years younger than me, on June 16 (Pfizer).

In my region, "young" :Dpeople have to book online.
This afternoon, for example, they are opening reservations for people born in 1968 - 1969.
Tomorrow 1970 - 1971.................etc....etc....

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/13/2021 at 8:21 PM, Dave-H said:

Mine had updated automatically

FWIW, I never let any browser extension autoupdate here :sneaky: ;
I periodically test manually for updated extensions and when one or more are found,
I first read the relevant Release Notes (when available), then make a note of the currently installed version(s),
finally make back-ups of these "previous" extension versions, in case something goes SNAFU :angry: (after the extension(s) has been manually updated) and a need presents itself to revert to the ol' good, working versions...

This is a habit I picked up since my late-ish Firefox "days", when several "legacy" extensions of mine (e.g Stylish, Greasemonkey) would autoupdate to the much-crippled WebExtension iteration of theirs; the habit became a must when my favourite "legacy" extensions/Complete Themes vanished from AMO...
Both in FirefoxESR 52.9.1 and Serpent 52.9.0 (the latter now pointed to AMO to look for updated extensions), it isn't uncommon I am being offered an update to an existing WE addon, only to find out, to my distress :angry:, that the update doesn't function properly/at all with a Mozilla 52 based platform... This is often because Mozilla have the ill tendency to blanket-label all WEs as being "Firefox 48 and higher" compatible, by virtue of them simply being "Web Extensions"; i.e., they don't bother to test on older browser versions (as they don't expect anyone to be on anything other than the latest "Release" and "ESR" Fx versions :realmad: ) ...

TL;DR: No auto-update is allowed to take place here :P (this stance not limited to browser extensions only, but am afraid that is definitely OT :whistle:) ...

Edited by VistaLover

The auto-updated filters list not only allows a better response in protection, but also allows a broken website to be repaired in the shortest possible time.
In this case uBlock filters - Unbreak list is very important.
I have often seen the reporting of a problem and its resolution in the shortest possible time.
Manual update does not guarantee, in general, this performance.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira