Do u see increase in the time wasting fixing and handling win10 ?

aviv00

I think that it's a lot of effort to get Windows 10 to roughly resemble 7, which resembled itself (:rolleyes:) out of the box!

And if that weren't bad enough, these forced feature updates arbitrarily break compatibility with tweaks that make 10 tolerable and reset settings (many of which relate to privacy and security, coincidentally) that should be left alone. *every 6 months!*

c

38 minutes ago, aviv00 said:

its seems to me that its was simpler and easier to be in IT

today with windows 10 its kinda take too much time and always breaks

Not at all, quite the contrary, at least for the lazy[1].

Once (lazy[1]) IT guys would have suggested, no matter what the problem was, that a re-install was needed and proposed it as either the only solution or the best one.

Of course most of the time they were lying,

With the advent of Windows 10 they still suggest that the only or best solution to any problem is a reinstall, but now they don't suffer from the (little[2]) stress caused by  telling lies.

jaclaz

[1] the amount of them is of course variable from one place/organization to the other but in my experience they prevail in number

[2] I have been lied to by a large number of people, but IT guys (and Lawyers ;)) have traditionally been the most swift at it 

Edited by jaclaz

Plus, every Windows-based OS needs some tinkering out of the box, and more so with each version.  But Windows 10 seems to reset stuff with every update and build.  I hope I can figure out a way to safely update Windows 8 (without performance clogging CPU-impairing updates that seem to be the norm now), because I want to stay with it at least for five years.

2 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Once (lazy[1]) IT guys would have suggested, no matter what the problem was, that a re-install was needed and proposed it as either the only solution or the best one.

It still surprises me how this approach is still widespread. Talking to my tech-interested friends I still hear comments like "Windows XP has to be reinstalled every few months in order to work". No to mention these are habbits they learned on warez-delivered unpatched systems with tons of warez-delivered software ;)

2 hours ago, jaclaz said:

but IT guys (and Lawyers ;))

and diplomats, politicians, marketing people, salespeople, and... ;)

On 10/9/2018 at 12:07 PM, cc333 said:

I think that it's a lot of effort to get Windows 10 to roughly resemble 7, which resembled itself (:rolleyes:) out of the box!

And if that weren't bad enough, these forced feature updates arbitrarily break compatibility with tweaks that make 10 tolerable and reset settings (many of which relate to privacy and security, coincidentally) that should be left alone. *every 6 months!*

c

users need to learn how to disable windows update, and just update to the next rtm build. (well after major issues are fixed)

22 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Of course most of the time they were lying, 

So if u have PC with metro problems like settings wont open and such,

it fixable and wont be broken again ?

i removed the settings app. control panel all the way for me, even restored a few classic applets.

settings app, uwp ui, metro, it's just too basic and crappy looking to be called fresh and modern. on a phone it's alright as it's too small for a desktop experience but the menus and tile stuff is usable, it just sucks on a desktop / laptop, i also have a tablet and use the desktop mode, it's just too fat and chunky on a bigger screen.

yes, i use older sytem files from betas of windows 8.x and 10 plus a few files from 7, 8.x rtm and 10 rtm to get some stuff back in contro panel such as personalization and display scaling. for things that ms removed that come from shell32.dll i had to find 3rd party alternative like something for display resolution. though gfx cards have their own control panel for that as well, so no much of an issue.

• 1 month later...

I customize my install.wim before I install Windows.  Then I wrote a program which installs all my other programs for me.  Very little to tinker with afterwards.  I am in insider program, and everything works surprisingly well.  And, yes, I do use the settings app.  I find it welcomely refreshing.