Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Posted (edited)

Hi,

AeroGlass 1.5.10 crashes in 1809 with Vivaldi taskbar preview thumbnails (but not Firefox / IE / Chromium / explorer / Steam / ... ones, just for Vivaldi).

EDIT: Ok It's not only Vivaldi, sometimes Vivaldi is ok and it's because of Steam or Chromium. All the webkit-based browsers.

Edited by TroudhuK

Hello, I'm using AeroGlass on 1809 from many weeks.
I noticed that I have many crashes sometime, randomly [I can't recognize what causes the crash]
I'd like to help for have a more stable version. Can I ask where I can found logs?
Are those "minidump..." (about 500mb:huh:) in the AeroGlass folder ?

Thank you in advance ;)

2 hours ago, franDj99 said:

Hello, I'm using AeroGlass on 1809 from many weeks.
I noticed that I have many crashes sometime, randomly [I can't recognize what causes the crash]

Have you tried this? http://glass8.eu/out/rs5_17763_1564_x64dbg.7z

It's a debug version, but supposedly fixes some crashing problems that were reported.

The latest non-debug version also crashes for me occasionally, though I decided I'll just wait for the new non-debug version.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 9:41 PM, UCyborg said:

Does anyone else have crash reports similar to this one in their Event Logs?

Faulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.17763.1, time stamp: 0xe52aabf3
Faulting module name: dwmcore.dll, version: 10.0.17763.168, time stamp: 0x23095d3f
Exception code: 0xe0464645
Fault offset: 0x000000000002a054
Faulting process id: 0x133c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4923d8cfce927
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\dwm.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\dwmcore.dll
Report Id: cf7afade-9544-4a04-87ec-69a96e95dd73
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

It's not connected to Aero Glass, but I've noticed it on both Windows 10 1803 and 1809. Happens when the user session is closed (log off, shutdown, ...). And what does the exception code 0xe0464645 mean?

I still get this crash with latest debug version of AG on Win10 1809. Doesn't happen when Aero Glass is not loaded. It's possible I've terminated aerohost.exe last time without also terminating dwm.exe, so DWMGlass.dll was still loaded, hence coming to conclusion that it happens regardless of AG. I get these results both in VMware and on a real PC. Crash dumps are not generated in this scenario.

I don't see it crashing on 1803 virtual machine though...maybe I used the wrong snapshot when testing the last time.

• Upvote 1

It crashes with certain video drivers only, I already have a fix, but I didn't have time to make it ready it yet.

• Upvote 3

I'm experiencing the strange issue with the latest debug version. When I login and dwm.exe has been running from when the previous session was closed due to initiating hybrid shutdown, the transparency on the top frame doesn't work. Oddly, it works on other sides (left, right and bottom). Also when this happens, when I log off, the second screen doesn't black out, the last frame of the desktop stays on it until the user is completely logged off. I guess this is when that instance of dwm.exe terminates.

BM, it's need to add UxTSB.dll injection into SystemSettings.exe

It's only a question of time, when MS remove classic personalization panel at all. So to apply themes with 3rd party visual styles via modern Personalization Panel, UxTSB.dll must be injected in it too.