2 hours ago, 666_peter_666 said:

Maybe I should create a new topic: Thank You Big Muscle For New Aero Glass Build 1.5.10  :rolleyes:

...in advance

You can probably wait a little while as Microsoft have pulled the update to 1809 as it was deleting some peoples personal files.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/10/06/windows-10-october-update-delete-pulled/

I really don't understand why Microsoft doesn't just give us the option to use Aero transparencies. I know it can use more resources on older machines that might not have them, but since Win7 hardware has come a long way. Most consumers get Windows with a new computer. I'm sure most of us here build our own.
Anyway, thank you Big Muscle for doing what Microsoft won't.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:41 PM, netsendjoe said:

I really don't understand why Microsoft doesn't just give us the option to use Aero transparencies. I know it can use more resources on older machines that might not have them, but since Win7 hardware has come a long way. Most consumers get Windows with a new computer. I'm sure most of us here build our own.
Anyway, thank you Big Muscle for doing what Microsoft won't.

Aero was the most requested feature people requested for Windows 10 when Microsoft was asking for suggestions.  Just goes to show what a monopoly like Microsoft can get away with, as they wouldn't survive in a truly competitive market ignoring their customers desires in such a manner.

Edited by genecooper

6 hours ago, genecooper said:

Aero was the most requested feature people requested for Windows 10 when Microsoft was asking for suggestions.  Just goes to show what a monopoly like Microsoft can get away with, as they wouldn't survive in a truly competitive market ignoring their customers desires in such a manner.

Yeah, we've been asking for tabs on file explorer since Win7... been using Clover for that since. Seems like it would have been common sense to do that since all Internet browsers have them and it just reduces the clutter.

just got the v1479 exp update...will try and report back.  Thanks in advance

**UPDATE**

No crashes on taskview launch now...working great so far.   Thanks for the super fast exp release!!!

Edited by dna-systems
update

Just wanted to report back...   Since the 1479 experimental release, I have experienced 0 crashes and system seems to run smoothly...as if it is taking no impact on performance (AG extension loader=0.2MB/DWM=22MB)

Thanks for the hard work bigmuscle and looking forward to the final release (Ha...final, that is the wrong word.  It'll never be final because MS keeps jacking it up) ...but thanks for the continuing efforts towards the game of cat-and-mouse.