win98se mouse too fast

Damnation

OK,

So I've been attempting to install windows98 SE on my Ryzen 5 2400g system using @rloew's patches, it's been going well so far.

I've made it up to the windows98 desktop, but i now have an issue with my mouse. It jumps to the corners of my screen way too quickly and it's unusable.

Earlier during the install, I could use the setup /il switch to fix this problem -

/il - Load the Logitech mouse driver. Use this option if you have a Logitech Series C mouse.

is there a way to tell windows98 to use the Logitech mouse driver all the time? or another solution?

I grabbed an old PS/2 mouse, and it wouldn't even work in the BIOS! why?! I thought PS/2 it should at least work in BIOS.

I've look everywhere in BIOS, the only option I can see is

PS/2 Y-Cable

I've tried auto and enabled (no disable option?) - made no difference PS/2 mouse won't work, might be dead

USB mouse works fine in BIOS

any alternative to the vmouse.vxd driver anywhere?

I just remembered that Win9x USB mouse behaviour differ between different USB mice! I had one when it worked fine, and other that was acting strangely.

So it might be a problem of the mouse itself.

Enable USB Legacy Support and PS/2 Emulator (if there is an option like that) in your BIOS.

Edited by MrMateczko