WMP9 XP, finding metadata doesn't work

SRainharp

I don't really like the interface of WMP11, it looks out of place on an XP machine.

So I use WMP9 + KLite codec pack. But, finding album info is impossible since the URLs are dead that WMP9 uses, WMP11's work fine still, can anyone figure exactly what the original metadata URLs are, and maybe have a way of patching the exe or registry to use the current ones? I don't really like having to type in album info myself, and I like WMP9's UI so not upgrading to 11 anytime soon.

Thanks

OT: Of the 3 WMP versions that were supported in XP (9 -> 10 -> 11), my favourite one had always been WMP10 :thumbup; I was so sad I couldn't get it on Vista... :( I hardly ever used WMP11 on Vista, Winamp was my choice back then (ca. 2008), still have it installed, then tried Real Player SP, aka v12, but my current set of players includes MPC-HC (new fork is Vista+), MPC-BE (Vista+), VLC 3.0.4 (XP+), PotPlayer 1.7.xxxxx (XP+).

On-Topic: Perhaps you can still upgrade to WMP11, to get the specified functionality, but use a WMP9 skin in it, to get the look you like... :) I found the following links:

https://www.guidingtech.com/11798/apply-skins-windows-media-player-personalize-it/

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/17560/apply-skins-to-add-a-little-flair-to-windows-media-player-12/

(The last one is for WMP12, however the same procedure applies to WMP11...).

From my own copy of WMP11 (on Vista), the Revert skin preview looks a lot like WMP9:

rLGgGpW.jpg

Tell us if it works for you... ;)