The best Browsers currently for Windows XP and Vista

Sampei.Nihira

What is your favorite browser?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite browser?

• 2 months later...

Mypal is the only usable one that has both a binary and portable option (important to me because I don't want IE as default browser), and works just fine for me, so I'll go with it! ^^

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm currently signed in here with Vivaldi and everything (visually) appears fine with MSFN (youtube works very well and doesn't skip); as well as the sites I visit work. I question how secure it is given its age though  [Chrome/49.0.2623.110]. Little slow, so in tack manager I set Vivaldi.exe to 'above normal" and its better. I've slimmed it down  and got rid of much of the installation that isn't required.  I've disabled all  chrome:\\plugins; as well. 

There are loads of 'flags' to disable/enable - so I went right for webrtc as I don't need it. 

chrome:\\flags

WebRTC Stun origin header Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android

When enabled, Stun messages generated by WebRTC will contain the Origin header

#enable-webrtc-stun-origin

So.. @VistaLover I'll stick with this for now as it works with XP until I have the energy to configure EE360 ... ugh :puke:

v1.thumb.JPG.e66118594c3bc9757a6dad4b9c46d64f.JPG

v2.thumb.JPG.f454777539196b41a3411517aae55bba.JPG

New Moon and Serpent are my preferred choices, though :)

EDIT: I figured I'd post it here, so as to not further disrupt Roys thread with Chrome discussion(s). 

2nd EDIT: I'm back on here with New Moon now. Goodness.. Vivaldi created a whole lot to crap - good things CCleaner gets rid of it!

3rd EDIT: I enabled chrome:\\flags [Mark non-secure origins as non-secure, or as "dubious". #mark-non-secure-as]. Unfortunately.. I can not find any way to disable insecure content - browser leaks shows I'm giving up way more than I care to. I think this will be only a back up browser. 

Edited by XPerceniol

Yeah, I don't know guys ... I disabled tls 1.0 and 1.1 via the addition to vivaldi.exe shortcut [\vivaldi.exe" --ssl-version-min=tls1.2] BIG BUT 1.3 is also disabled? Huh?? From the reading I've done today, Vivaldi should use 1.3 support, so I'm out of ideas on this one.

Mixed content active and insecure ciphers bother me :angry:

And also.. even with that flag enable, webrtc is leaking still.

I'll be the first to admit - I'm totally clueless when it comes to Chrome - I am a Firefox (and forks) guy through-and-through. Besides, I'm only working with a few remaining brain cells to-boot :}

I've got a missive headache now ... LOL!

Might not waste much more precious time with this - it works in a pinch :rolleyes:

untitled.thumb.JPG.c1c5f287dfb9834f7229b7635467e5bc.JPG

Edited by XPerceniol

Question: (Sorry if I'm a bother)

Since in both - New Moon and Serpent - the following prefs aren't available..

Encrypted SNI and DNSSEC: network.security.esni and network.trr.mod

Does this mean we aren't a secure as we should be? I realize some of us rely on our own ISP for DNS query and many lack encryption; however, I thought (at least) we had encrypted SNI support. Again ... I could be completely nuts (well, not completely anyway) :blushing:

security.thumb.JPG.6eef37093b3404a76f69a16ea754ddeb.JPG

Edited by XPerceniol
darn typos ... off to a great start today :(