Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

ExTruckie

Imaging Windows 10 install possible?

Hello

I am looking for a way to image my windows install due to having 2 windows crashes within a week.

I know what the causes of both were. 

Is it possible and how? I have a server I can store the image on. 

Thanks

What do you mean, with: "image my windows" - A clone? A Backup? & how this could be help you? - With every big update, MS installs a complete new image; - and even the DVD install itself, is just copying an image to your hdd, and than config drivers and user account settings, nothing more.

- Since MS, rolls out whole images with their updates, - most people had stopped to personalize them. Cloning, backups, mirrors seems not to be the best way anymore...

Anyway, windows brings some tools inbuild, like backup, sysprep, dism - maybe you search for all the things you can do with dism (just dont try to remove/change the image, win10 get really easy broken, with a tiny mistake... (or doublebroken, cause every Build is full of errors and dysfunction...)

r4d3

Edited by R4D3

There are a lot of disk imaging and cloning programs, I personally use Macrium Reflect Free. Even Windows 8 that I use have their own backup system, I suppose Windows 10 does the same too (I don't know for sure because I don't have them).