reCAPTCHA Rendering Problem - Is it XP or Browsers?

HoppaLong

When I was in elementary school (several decades before the internet) teachers would frequently
tell this unfunny joke.

Student - How do you spell dinosaur?
Teacher - Look it up in the dictionary.
Student - How can I look it up in the dictionary if I can't spell the word!

With reCAPTCHA, I feel like that student or a dog chasing its own tail. There are countless Google
listings about Mozilla based browsers failing to render the reCAPTCHA image. You see nothing or
a message about switching to a supported browser. Posting about this problem on browser specific
forums is not helpful. There seems to be a million possible causes and solutions.

reCAPTCHA is a Google product like their Chrome browser. I have MxNitro, which is a Chrome based
browser. It renders reCAPTCHA normally. If I could use a Chrome based browser all the time there
would be no problem.

Once or twice a week I use a version of Firefox called Light. It is the "real" Firefox, but it's a lightweight
version. I need the FlashGot add-on which fully integrates download managers into the "Save As" dialog
box. FlashGot is the solution when downloading from sites that use redirected links. A simple plug-in
listing your download manager in the browser Context Menu is useless with redirects.

The sites I was downloading from have adopted reCAPTCHA. I can longer use Firefox Light because it
will not render reCAPTCHA. FlashGot was created for Firefox. As far as I know, there is nothing similar
for Chrome based browsers.

Is XP the cause of this rendering problem with reCAPTCHA, or is there some browser edit or add-on
that would fix the problem with Mozilla based browsers?

Could you describe the problem more precisely?

If the problem is that you can't click "I am not a robot," this may help:

On 8/24/2018 at 10:15 AM, roytam1 said:

to fix recaptcha issue:

for PM27 users:
1. goto about:config, add new Boolean value named "dom.messageChannel.enabled" and set it "true".
2. reload the page that has recaptcha

next PM27 build will address it.