Windows 9x Driverpacks 2018 Update

As a Windows 9x-enthusiast, I still find a bunch of hardware unavailable in the driverpacks listed here. After three years of fighting to get my laptop to run Windows 9x, I hope to contribute to making driver installation less difficult. I am currently focusing on network drivers for the 9x systems and hope to do the following for now:

• Update Network Driverpack
    • Currently adding major brands; finished with Realtek for now
  • Make a pack for printer and fax drivers
  • Modem driverpack
  • Update the existing driverpacks
    • Add newer chipset drivers such as 845 and newer
    • Add PROBLEMCHYLD's custom Dell Wireless 1450 driver to network
    • Add drivers from Vogons.org

Hopeful future plans:

• Turn the program into something similar to driverpack solution
  • Make a driverpack devoted to Windows 95

Download Links 
Chipset (Coming Soon!)
Video (Coming Soon!)
Audio (Coming Soon!)
Networking (Change Log)
Modem (Coming Soon!)
Printer and Fax (Coming Soon!)

Instructions:
Extract
Go to Menu>Control Panel>System>Device Manager
Click desired hardware which requires a driver
Direct to folder location
If a message pops up about driver file not available, go to the folder with the exact name required (exception being RTL8019 and ge2000iii cards which had to be renamed to avoid conflict!)

To contribute to this project, please list the brand, hardware (ID too is preferred), and send a link to the driver :)
Feel free to inform me of any mistakes! I'm a newbie at drivers!

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

Try looking here as a reference:

https://translate.google.pl/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fbust.narod.ru%2Fwin98.html&edit-text=

It lists some drivers that are available.

As I've said in the other topic, here are the absolute latest Atheros WiFi drivers for 98SE:

ftp://ftp.eutronix.be/4pos/POS700/POS700_V1.0/Common/Wireless_LAN/802.11abg/UNEX_CM10/Win98_ME/DV4.1.2.71/Driver/98Me/

Edited by MrMateczko

8 hours ago, MrMateczko said:

Have you tested these drivers on an English installation of Windows 9x? I just need to ensure the drivers will work regardless of potential language differences.

For anyone on MSFN, let me know if leaving the .sys in a separate folder while leaving the setup file in the root of the folder is sufficient or not. I'm assuming Soporific downloaded the driver files then just did as I spoke.

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

1 hour ago, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

Have you tested these drivers on an English installation of Windows 9x? I just need to ensure the drivers will work regardless of potential language differences.

We could play this the other way round :dubbio:.

Please list at least 2 (two) drivers that DO NOT work on an Eglish installation of Windows 9x BUT that work fine in ANY of the gazillion other languages/countries versions.

jaclaz

21 minutes ago, jaclaz said:

We could play this the other way round :dubbio:.

Please list at least 2 (two) drivers that DO NOT work on an Eglish installation of Windows 9x BUT that work fine in ANY of the gazillion other languages/countries versions.

jaclaz

This sounds like a great idea, but I gotta confirm a couple things:

• Will drivers meant for other languages be ignored in an English installation or break it?
  • Will the names conflict? If so, is it a big deal if I change the file names? Will the drivers be unable to find the proper .sys file if I do?
  • If one of the above are true, then I must make the driverpack its own to prevent conflicts within the English (default) driverpack
Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

If there are any problems, they would be most likely to occur with the DBCS languages such as Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.

The English KERNEL32.DLL did not work with Chinese Localized Resources, while the reverse worked fine.

3 hours ago, rloew said:

If there are any problems, they would be most likely to occur with the DBCS languages such as Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.

The English KERNEL32.DLL did not work with Chinese Localized Resources, while the reverse worked fine.

Excuse me, are you aware if changing the INF name would effect its ability to find the proper .sys file? Currently have a name conflict with two completely different drivers (Realtek RTL8019 and Genius LAN GE2000III SE ISA PnP Ethernet).

While I'm at it, if any user can guide me in forcing a system resource change, that would be perfect!

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~