What is the most powerful Windows 2000 machine ever?

Windows 2000

5 hours ago, Windows 2000 said:

Technically, that would make the theoretically most powerful stable Windows 2000 system be with the following specs:

- Intel® Core™ i7-6970HQ 3.70 GHz

- GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB GDDR5

- 32 GB DDR3 Memory

That's of course if I am not missing something along the way. :dubbio:

X99 actually uses DDR4 RAM (up to 2133 MHz) and the most powerful CPU would be an i7-6950X (10C/20T), overclockable to over 4 GHz. If you just want to count cores, you can get 12C/24T on the pre-UEFI X58 (and also break 4 GHz) and have no hassles installing win2k whatsoever.

The i7-6970HQ is just a high-end mobile CPU; good luck running a Skylake laptop on NT5 since all of the reasonable GPU options don't support it (unless you get a 700M-series GeForce, which is a little old compared to Skylake, or a desktop GPU option).

You could actually go up to 64 GB (which is what the marketing copy for datacenter server promised), but BWC apparently only enables up to 32 GB in his patched kernel. There are screenshots of a win2k system detecting 64 GB on his blog.

8 hours ago, win32 said:

The i7-6970HQ is just a high-end mobile CPU; good luck running a Skylake laptop on NT5 since all of the reasonable GPU options don't support it (unless you get a 700M-series GeForce, which is a little old compared to Skylake, or a desktop GPU option).

Oh, right. It was a quick Google search and I must have misread something somewhere :whistle:

4 hours ago, FantasyAcquiesce said:

This is a bit late, but where can I obtain the latest GTX driver by blackwingcat? His blog is rather confusing to navigate.

unfortunately, he hasn't put those up yet. :(

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty used to his website, so I know where most stuff is.

Are you looking for the "latest" driver from NVIDIA, or the latest driver from blackwingcat?

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1114373.html

You may want to start with driver 335.28 if you can, then update to the last 359.06 beta driver. What card do you have?