Windows 95 as an "app" for Windows 10, Linux & Mac?

erpdude8

5 hours ago, greenhillmaniac said:

The program doesn't work on Vista because it uses Electron, based on Google Chrome's latest Javascript engine.

Yeah I figured that. I wonder though if the missing call(s) can be rerouted or disabled altogether if it's not actually needed for the software to run/work properly. @UCyborg has done this with several pieces of unsupported software to get them to work with Vista. 

This looks interesting. Being a bit nostalgic I wish I could still run Win98SE, with IE removed, courtesy of https://www.litepc.com/98lite.html,  MDGx (from this forum) and a guy from the UK who had method he called Speedos. I had an incredibly fast O/S, with few or no BSD's, and it would run for hours before needing a reboot. Even though I started with a fairly high spec computer for the time, after the 98SE mods there was an significant speed and response increase.

On Κυριακή, 26 Αυγούστου 2018 at 7:22 AM, Jody Thornton said:

That's the same error I received.  I wonder if I should use it on Windows 8 instead of DOSBox.

You mean that it runs on Windows 8?

Well, it's been verified to run on Windows 7, and Windows 8 includes .NET v4.5, so I think it would run.  Now just to test if I could run DOS games on it (and better than in DOSBox)

:)

4 hours ago, HarryTri said:

You mean that it runs on Windows 8?

As far as I am aware, Microsoft has not yet released Windows 95 into the public domain. As such, this software is warez as it contains a "disk image" of an installed Windows 95 OS.

Congrats to Techrepublic, Neowin and Zdnet for supporting software piracy. :rolleyes: