Video control bar keeps popping up

noles20

While playing Vudu movies in either windowed mode or full screen, the video control bar keeps popping up as though I am moving the mouse. This occurs while using Chrome and doesn't affect other websites such as Youtube. I am using a Dell latitude e6520 laptop running Windows XP Professional with service pack 3 installed. I need help to fix this issue as it is absolutely driving me crazy. Also, I noticed that the mouse never disappears as it should while in full screen and this problem occurs regardless of where the mouse pointer is located on the screen. However, I did find this issue went away with a dual monitor setup as long as the mouse pointer was positioned on the monitor that wasn't showing the video. Unfortunately, this ruins the portability of a laptop and really isn't a permanent solution.

Edited by noles20

Yes I am using the old chrome 49 version. No, I haven’t tried Chromium 54 since download insight on Symantec Endpoint Protection says there is growing evidence this file is untrustworthy and blocks the download. Also, even with the Adobe Primetime Content decryption module installed, I cannot get the videos on Vudu to play at all using Firefox 52 esr which is my browser of choice. Thus, I am forced to use Chrome and then I run into this annoying problem of the video control bar popping up.

I just checked the site "Vudu" and oddly enough I got a white screen with nothing inside in both Chromium 54 and Firefox 52.9 ESR on Windows XP and also using Firefox 61 on Fedora 28 (Linux). I also clicked "View page source" and there was no code at all (just 1 line, blank). Weird... Probably something is blocking my traffic to that site; I bet is my ISP (M247 here in the UK) and I can't check it.

Firefox 52.9 ESR Windows XP:

faE8tbB.png

Chromium 54 Windows XP:

7cG2dSZ.png

Firefox 61 Fedora 28 (Linux):

ZUbI2lS.png

Edited by FranceBB

Thanks for trying to help, I live in the United States. Vudu is owned by Wal-Mart and is a video streaming service where you buy and rent movies. Hopefully, someone else on these forums will be able to help me or you will be able to find a way to access the site. I just researched and found out that Vudu is only available in the US and the only way for users outside the US to use the service is to use a VPN to trick the servers into thinking they are located in the US.