Transfer Files from an android phone?

FantasyAcquiesce

Windows ME has been quite problematic with modern technology...ever since android got rid of the ability for the computer to read the device as USB storage, direct file transfers are no longer possible!

Does anyone know of a MTP driver for Windows 9x? Or better yet, a way to enable usb storage mode on android?

If all fails, a good FTP would work. If an indirect file transfer is all that can be done, I'm content.

On Δευτέρα, 20 Αυγούστου 2018 at 3:37 AM, ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~ said:

Windows ME has been quite problematic with modern technology...ever since android got rid of the ability for the computer to read the device as USB storage, direct file transfers are no longer possible!

I have an android phone with Android 7 Nougat and Windows recognizes it as USB storage unit without any problem. I don't know if you refer to Android 8 Oreo of course, I hope they didn't do something so stupid.

On 8/21/2018 at 1:10 PM, HarryTri said:

I have an android phone with Android 7 Nougat and Windows recognizes it as USB storage unit without any problem. I don't know if you refer to Android 8 Oreo of course, I hope they didn't do something so stupid.

My Android 8 phone gives me the USB Configuration of Charging the phone, MTP, PTP, RNDIS, Audio Source, and MIDI

• 2 weeks later...

forget about MTP. even on w7 this ***** "protocol" have periodical problems...
on old androids up tu 4.3.x (but not 4.4.+) there was option USB storage - its just as flash thumb.
on versions higher 4.3.x this option remain on Mediatek devices, even on android 7...
but this option usable only if u insert sd cadr into phone. internal memory not usable anyway!

as universal solution, i use old good FTP, over wifi router...
just instal on android any FTP SERVER (not client!), remember ip:port, when it connected with ur router, then on 98 pc (also connected with router via lan cable, must placed into ONE subnet! 192.168..1.45 - pc, 192.168..1.48 - phone. for usability i set constant manual IP by MACs in router control panel) open WinCmd/FAR/etc and just use it...