Official Windows XP SP4 mentioned by Microsoft

nijazx86

Is this a joke? I've heard for unofficial by somebody else. But while trying to download imapi for xp, found these websites, they mention windows server 2003 sp3 and windows xp sp4.

First I went to this site, then clicked link which mentions 2nd site which contains word sp4 (you may have to click "show additional information" to unhide that word in 2nd link).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/imapi/portal

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hotfix/kbhotfix?kbnum=932716&kbln=en-US

It's possible that as of 2008, when these hotfixes were released, a Server 2003 SP3 and XP SP4 were planned, but ultimately were never released.

While installing Windows 2000 one time, I noticed that the Security Rollup Package (SRP) says "SP5" at the top of the dialog window.

Of course, we know Windows 2000 Service Pack 5 was never released; it became the rollup:

kb891861_sp5.jpg

3 hours ago, sdfox7 said:

It's possible that as of 2008, when these hotfixes were released, a Server 2003 SP3 and XP SP4 were planned, but ultimately were never released.

It would have been good, not just for eventual new features, but also because when a service pack is released, support is extended.

Can you imagine Windows XP Service Pack 4 with official support to UEFI, GPT, USB 3.0/3.1, IE11, a new crypto.dll, many more functions in the kernel, proper DXVA2 support, official DX10 and DX11 and many other things...?

It would have been a completely different story... :')

Edited by FranceBB