XP x64 SABERTOOTH X99 Drivers!! (Re-uploaded)

These drivers are derived directly from my Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (Volume License) install on my ASUS SABERTOOTH X99 Workstation.

None of the drivers have been modified. They've been tested to work successfully on the ASUS SABERTOOTH X99 Motherboard.

The download link is below!

Please open the read me file for more information and what to expect; before proceeding with any driver installation.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?1noclu654luf9

(Make sure to have 7-Zip so you can open the archive.)

Enjoy!!

- XP-x64-Lover

5a9f5b3f8ea53_XPx64onSABERTOOTHX99.thumb.JPG.2df94944a7c34618295bc48380bfa7b7.JPG

Sorry everyone for my absence, with MSFN losing my content and other information; as well as me going on "vacation" a few months ago, It's been difficult to stay in contact and also work on my projects since all my machines and tools were elsewhere... So, when I get back from traveling; which wont be long from now. I plan on finalizing my testing with my Ryzen motherboard; I got it specifically for XP x64, did tons of research before hand and will be doing more regarding personally testing it. This is something I am beyond passionate about; so I will do my best to make XP x64 work on Ryzen one way or another.

Also, regarding guides and such pertaining to Intel x99 Sabertooth, AMD Ryzen, & possibly Newer Intel Boards; I will see about creating either video guides or simple step by step ones with screenshots. Either way, I will show everyone EXACTLY how I did it to get Intel x99 Sabertooth to work with XP x64, following my possible success with AMD Ryzen; I will do the same and so forth. Any new information will be posted here only. So, in other words I'd suggest following this post because there may indeed be some MORE useful information in the near future. Thank you for the support; I look forward to sharing my finding VERY soon! :D

Take Care! :)

- XP-x64-Lover

Edited by XP-x64-Lover
Update

• dencorso pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been away for quite some time, due to being ill but, my health is improving and I hope to be more active on here in the future. For now, I have written a simple Step By Step Guide for you. I claim absolutely no responsibility for incorrect use of my instructions resulting; in damage of any kind. It is up to you to be careful; there is always risks involved when installing or setting up anything. Please do be careful.

First before all else, make at least one backup image of your Windows XP Professional x64 Edition install; if you don't know how I would be happy to show you ways in which to do so. One way in particular is to use a program called MiniTool Partition Wizard Free, Or any other partition software that allows you to make bootable image backups of your Operating System. You will be needing an extra HDD or SSD handy to copy it over to but, you can use USB interface or SATA / E-SATA or whatever interface you believe will work to copy it over. SATA / E-SATA is typically faster and is the most compatible in most cases. You should do this on a previous computer you have around though. To do this using MiniTool Partition Wizard Free you launch the application then select your bootable Windows XP Professional x64 Edition disk from the list. After that you need to click on Migrate OS to SSD/HD Wizard; then you select option B "I would like to move my operating system to another hard disk. And keep the original hard disk in my computer." Although, if you have multiple partitions on your disk, then select option A otherwise go with option B. After that you simply select the destination SSD or HDD you want to copy your bootable system image to. The destination disk will obviously be overwritten so keep that in mind. Make sure to backup any files you may have on it before you start the system disk copy.

So, today I'm going to explain how I personally managed to get Windows XP Professional x64 Edition running on the ASUS SABERTOOTH x99 Motherboard with the on board SATA AHCI / RAID enabled. This Guide is intended to be rather simple and I do hope it is helpful to you.  To speculate, it should boot through regular IDE with the default IDE drivers within the Operating System, as long as you have IDE enabled; although in this case it is not totally relevant to AHCI / RAID because we need them to be enabled within the Operating System in order to install the drivers via a special method below. Although, It may be possible to have IDE enabled on one of the two storage controllers and have AHCI enabled on the other; with the boot device plugged into the IDE mode storage controller. Then you'd install the AHCI driver within the Operating System that booted through IDE mode; after that you switch your boot device to the AHCI controller and simply go into the BIOS / UEFI and change the IDE mode to AHCI. Although, I cannot say this with certainty but, it could theoretically work if done correctly. This is mainly in case you can't afford another SATA Card or desire an alternative method. I have not truly tested the IDE method. The only current way I've managed to get it to boot via AHCI / RAID is to use a previous install of Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. (It may ask you to activate Windows again though, so make sure you are prepared for that in advance). If you have a Volume License copy of Windows XP Professional x64 Edition then you need not worry about being prompted to activate at anytime. Now, in order to get the Intel AHCI / RAID drivers to work, you must first have an extra SATA controller; you can do this by using a third party PCI-E x1 SATA Card by Marvell or any other SATA cards compatible with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. (I used Marvell SI-PEX40065). Now, the drivers for the Third Party SATA Card must be installed before you can boot from it. To do this, simply use your previous computer or any handy / compatible computer you got nearby. Make sure to install the Third Party SATA Card Drivers once you have booted into your previous / other computer. After that, shutdown and then put your boot device (HDD or SSD).  back into the computer case with the ASUS SABERTOOTH x99 Motherboard; then plug your boot device into the Third Party SATA Card. After that is done, turn the computer on and go ahead and enter your BIOS / UEFI using either the delete key or the F2 key. From there you'll navigate to  Advanced then to PCH Storage Configuration; next change SATA Controller 1 to AHCI or RAID depending on your needs, in this case I recommend using AHCI if you've never setup a RAID before or are unsure on which to use for simply booting your device. For beginners I recommend AHCI; and if in the future you want to build a RAID then do so wisely. (I have a RAID setup for my two SSD's in RAID-0, it was fairly painless to setup but, I employ you to always have one or even two backups of your original Operating System aka Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. Then scroll down more and also change SATA Controller 2 to AHCI. (The second Intel Storage Controller does not support RAID). This Guide and it's steps also can apply to Windows XP Professional 32-bit and other 32-bit versions of Windows XP. Although, make sure to use the correct 32-bit Drivers for your devices to avoid issues; and as always backups are essential. Now, once you've booted into the Operating System yu'll notice 'New Hardware' to be installed, what yu'll do next is simply use Device Manager to manually install the SATA Controller Drivers from the SATA Drivers I provided you; the ones in which correspond to AHCI for now. Then yu'll need to restart but, in this case shut down instead; so that you may unplug your boot device from the Third Party SATA Card and then plug it into the one of the two On board Intel SATA Controllers. Also, be sure that your boot device is set for first priority booting, otherwise the BIOS / UEFI may not boot it. Plus, yu'll need to make sure CSM is enabled and configured for legacy boot. I do hope this simple Guide was helpful in some way; and if not please do let me know what you need explained further. Also, I hope you all have a great day and rest of the year on; take care!

Good luck & Enjoy!!

Sincerely,

- XP-x64-Lover :wub:

Edited by XP-x64-Lover
More Information Added & Further Corrections + Restructuring & more details

• 3 weeks later...

Two things:
1)  Your screenshot shows 1.16.51.1, but the sys file you attached is 1.16.38.1, and you also omitted the INF
2)  Can you please provide the full device ID for your chip?

I've been using a 3.0 on XP with 1.16.32.1 for a while and it's been working well.  The Asmedia ROM is also very important.  Just be warned that if you start playing around with the motherboard BIOS in order to modify the ROM, you could brick your board.  In my case it's a discrete PCIe card.

For some reason they don't make 3.1 cards with internal headers.  PCIe x4 would also be nice for a 3.1 version.  Oh well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today, I've tested, installed, and am successfully using (8) new Windows XP x64 device drivers for the ASUS Sabertooth x99 motherboard.

All the drivers are stable and match exactly as shown; some if not all are unsigned but, I've derived them from a reliable source.

All EIGHT of the drivers are up to 2018 levels and work flawlessly for me. No blue screens, no slowdowns, no errors whatsoever. Now, that is my experience and I cannot grantee that something might not go wrong; although always backup your Operating System beforehand!

Device List: Intel(R) C610 series X99 chipset LPC Controller - 8D47, Intel(R) C610 series X99 chipset PCI Express Root Port #1 - 8D10, Intel(R) C610 series X99 chipset PCI Express Root Port #4 - 8D16, Intel(R) C610 series X99 chipset PCI Express Root Port #5 - 8D18, Intel(R) C610 series X99 chipset SMBus Controller - 8D22, Intel(R) C610 series X99 chipset SPSR - 8D7C, Intel(R) C610 series X99 chipset USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 - 8D26, Intel(R) C610 series X99 chipset USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 - 8D2D. (These are all the devices that work with these drivers; be careful to match them correctly).

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/xzosskf80g18fz5/ASUS_Sabertooth_x99_XP_x64_Drivers_%282018%29.7z/file

Good luck and enjoy!

Sincerely,

XP-x64-Lover :wub:

Edited by XP-x64-Lover
Reformatting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I believe I just found some new stable drivers and am also currently testing some others to make sure they work properly. So, hopefully if all goes well there will be new stable drivers uploaded by me. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

I had been meaning to respond to this topic for a week, but I'd been so preoccupied with work and other commitments that I hadn't had the chance to ... until now!

I wanted to leave a huge thank-you, @XP-x64-Lover, for all you've done in finding these drivers and allowing those of us sticking with XP64 a chance to upgrade to hardware a bit more recent. Between your drivers and the trick explained by Matt's Repository for getting XP/XP64 drivers for the nVidia 9XX series, on Memorial Day Weekend I was able to finally give my desktop the badly needed overhaul I'd been wanting to do since my first posts at MSFN back in 2014!

unknown.png

Palousers_Memorial_Day_Upgrade_2019_001.

That's 64 GB of DDR4 RAM, SABERTOOTH X99 motherboard, Intel i7-6950X CPU, and a GeForce GTX TITAN X. I wasn't able to get the SSD thing sorted out, so I wound up using the IDE method, which has worked amazingly well with my existing install. Since @bluebolt figured out a way to get an install of XP64 working on a NVMe 2.0 drive, I may skip the SSD and attempt a fresh install off of that instead, since the X99 has a bay for NVMe drives. For now, though, I'm just excited to have not only put my hardware troubles behind me for now, but that I've now got the RAM upgrade I've wanted for years!

• 1 year later...

New ASUS SABERTOOTH X99 & ASUS Z10PE-D16 WS XP x64 Drivers: (07-18-2018).

Device Drivers:

Intel(R) C610 series X99 chipset LPC Controller - 8D44,

Intel(R) C610series X99 chipset PCI Express Root Port #1 - 8D10,

Intel(R) C610 series X99 chipset PCI Express Root Port #3 - 8D14,

Intel(R) C610 series X99 chipset PCI Express Root Port #4 - 8D16,

Intel(R) C610 series X99 chipset SMBus Controller - 8D22,

Intel(R) C610 series X99 chipset SPSR - 8D7C,

Intel(R) C610 series X99 chipset USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 - 8D26,

Intel(R) C610 series X99 chipset USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 - 8D2D

This is a mixed archive of some new July 2018 compatible / stable XP x64 drivers for the SABERTOOTH X99 & Z10PE-D16 WS motherboards. Please be careful to match the drivers to the appropriate devices for your motherboard within device manager. Be sure to make a Backup of your Operating System always before ever proceeding with installing new drivers. Some of these drivers if not most of them can possibly work with other X99 or related motherboards.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/yv3n8li3ov5skwt/SABERTOOTH_X99_%26_Z10PE-D16_WS_XPx64_%2807-18-2018%29.rar/file

Enjoy!

- XP-x64-Lover

Edited by XP-x64-Lover
More Information / Organizing.

• 1 year later...

~ Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and Intel(R) Gigabit LAN x99 Platform ~

Tested Motherboards:

• ASUS SABERTOOTH x99, & ASUS Z10PE-D16 WS.

Notes: Feel free to test this on other x99 boards or ones pertaining to this driver somehow.

Installed and Working:

• ASUS Z10PE-D16 WS (Intel® I210-AT) currently using Intel® I218-LM choice and have tested Intel® I218-V and Intel® I217-LM with similar results thus far.

Notes: It seems to run well with web browsing, P2P connections, virtualization (VMware) and connection sharing.

Currently known Issues with ASUS Z10PE-D16 WS using this driver...

1. Sometimes It disconnects and reconnects itself randomly... So, it's tempermental at least in my own testing.
  2. Update 01-10-2024: Under a mostly vanilla copy of Windows Server 2003 x64 it seems to perform far better as far as working and I would say is 99.9% stable, only have to re-enable the NIC in Device Manager in rare cases on some system restarts or if I install software that handles networking or some firewalls. Once I re-enable it, it simply stays working! I suspect my previous install of Windows XP x64 is not as stable with this driver due to an even more custom iso, since that was the only XP x64 install I tested with this driver. Another thing I did differently is having the Intel NIC set to UEFI mode in CSM, including all other devices besides my video PCI-E boot, thats the only one I have set to legacy boot. I've been running it for 2 weeks straight; I am very pleased with the new results!
  3. Update 01-13-2024: Under a mostly vanilla copy of Windows Server 2003 x64 it seems to work better? Its seemingly stable on this install but, I would still deem it somewhat tempermental... It worked great for about 2 weeks, then all of a sudden decided after a system restart to disconnect and reconnect itself at random... So, I'll see what happens when I restart again? Maybe the LAN chip is overheating, I don't know at this point.... I may just revert back to an older snapshot and see if that fixes things. Since the only thing I changed was installing more security software and enabling Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service.
  4. Update 01-16-2024: After restoring my operating system to a fresh snapshot without the security programs I added, or the service I enabed and without the windows firewall with network filtering, the Intel NIC is perfectly stable again. SO FAR...
  5. Final Update 02-23-2024: I've now concluded that it's overall stable on my Server 2003 x64 install. If I ever run into it disconnecting and reconnecting randomly (Which is quite rare) I simply go into device manager and Disable and Enable it again and it normally stays working for a long time after, sometimes weeks at a time. If I restart my computer and it shows it as Disconnected I simply go into device manager and re-enable it, like I stated above it normally just stays working for quite sometime afterwards. Also to add, I am using the bottom port and only installed the driver for that particular port, I left the other one alone to avoid possible issues. Another things to point out is, the drivers stability had absolutely nothing to do with the security software I had running, the service I mentioned or the windows firewall. Since I have Comodo Firewall 12.0.0.6818 and as IObit Malware Fighter 11.0.0.1274 running without issues at all. A key thing to leave you with, always document changes you make, be sure to create backup[ and snapshots if possible to reverse any possible issues in the future.

Installed with Errors:

• ASUS SABERTOOTH x99 (Intel® I218-V) using/testing all options including Intel® I218-V choice which is native for the board.

Currently known Issues with ASUS SABERTOOTH using this driver... 

Error Codes: 01 and 10.

Install Method: Device Manager (Force Install).

Step by Step:

1. Go to Device Manager and right click Update Driver.
  2. Select "No, not this time" and Click Next.
  3. Select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" & Click Next.
  4. Click "Have Disc..." and Click Browse...
  5. Go to folder "Intel® I2xx-xx (XP x64)" Select the file "e1d51x64" and Click Yes.

Download Link:

Notes: Keep in mind, this is technically experimental so it would be wise to make a backup before proceeding with any driver installs. Results may vary...

As always, I do hope this is helpful to someone...

Sincerely,

XP-x64-Lover :wub:

Edited by XP-x64-Lover
Update!

Based on the screenshot, you have an AMD Radeon R9 200 series in conjunction with Intel, am I right, or is it something else? I was wondering if the AMD Radeon R4 Stoney Ridge could be made to work with Windows XP x64 bit edition. This is present in such computers like Acer Aspire A315-21. K4Sum1 got its graphics driver to work with Windows Vista (still in Beta) so I was hoping it could also be made to work with XP 64 bit edition. Here's the photo for proof as well as the specs for anybody interested in looking into this: http://windowsenthusiasts1.epizy.com/images/AMD2.JPG

I do have the one-core api Extended Kernel set up on my 64-bit XP install on the A315-21. If you are unfamiliar with this, you can familiarize yourself here: https://github.com/Skulltrail192/One-Core-API-Binaries

I also have the drivers for Elan Touchpad and Realtek Audio/Ethernet working oob. It also required Fernando's modded AMD SATA driver along with a modded ACPI.sys file integrated. Thanks in advanced to any interested parties.

Edited by Jakob99