Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
townsbg

Cannot install Aero Glass

Where did you find the setting to make it clear on Win7? The transparency there is always blurred. Classic Shell offers the ability make it fully opaque with certain skins, but not transparent without blurring from what I can see. On Windows 8.1 however, turning off the aforementioned option to enable Aero Glass removes the blur effect while keeping transparency for such skins.

20 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Where did you find the setting to make it clear on Win7? The transparency there is always blurred. Classic Shell offers the ability make it fully opaque with certain skins, but not transparent without blurring from what I can see. On Windows 8.1 however, turning off the aforementioned option to enable Aero Glass removes the blur effect while keeping transparency for such skins.

Well it's not completely clear but a lot clearer than classic shell. I see that you use 8.1. Do you recommend any such skins? I don't like the highlight newly installed programs (which I normally turn off on new installs) and I am aggravated that you have to open the link to get that to go away. Are there any themes that don't have that?

26 minutes ago, townsbg said:

and I am aggravated that you have to open the link to get that to go away.

So true!

Go through all Classic Shell settings, there's Highlight newly installed programs on General Behavior tab. This option doesn't have any connection to skin settings. I have Windows Aero skin selected on Skin tab.

Maybe you need to play with color settings. I've just tried Classic Shell on Windows 7 in a virtual machine and the only difference I see when it comes to clarity between Classic Shell's start menu and Windows 7's own start menu is that the latter's surface with Aero Glass effect is a bit darker.

• Like 1

On 23. 4. 2018 at 6:59 AM, townsbg said:

I don't have anything to add besides what it says on the page you linked. It installs the Task Manager taken straight from Windows 7. Does what it says and also the rest of the stuff on that site is trustworthy.