Force FB videos to HTML5 under FF ESR

Comos

Hi All,

I have some issues forcing the FF ESR 52.9.0 to play videos in HTML when played in Facebook,although I have HTML5 fully working ,which I have done some time according the the tutorial released here,so example Youtube is playing in HTML5 fine.

The reason,why I what to switch to HTML5 is, that in my case Facebook videos are played through Flash and in certain videos the sound doesn play at all and I don't know the reason why.Sometimes switching the video to HD solves this problem,but in most cases it does not.I tried several FF addons to block Flash content and force HTML5, but for FB seems it doesn't make any effect at all.

Does anyone have such experience please?

Facebook now defaults to Flash if it detects that you're using Windows XP.
If you want to use HTML5 you will need to change the browser user agent string for Facebook.com.
An add-on like "Custom UserAgent String" will do that for you.
I use that and set the string to "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0".
You can of course change the string for all web sites, which I did for quite a while, but I subsequently found that there was a site (britishairways.com) which wouldn't let me log in with that string set, so beware problems like that.
HTH.
:)

5 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Facebook now defaults to Flash if it detects that you're using Windows XP.
If you want to use HTML5 you will need to change the browser user agent string for Facebook.com.
An add-on like "Custom UserAgent String" will do that for you.
I use that and set the string to "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0".
You can of course change the string for all web sites, which I did for quite a while, but I subsequently found that there was a site (britishairways.com) which wouldn't let me log in with that string set, so beware problems like that.
HTH.
:)

Thanks for the tip, it worked ! :)