Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

JTB3

Aero Glass Experimental Builds for W10 v1803 - Feedback & Bugs

On 12.05.2018 at 9:33 PM, lolylol said:

Because this version of AeroGlass is still a work-in-progress and therefore unstable, many visible bugs are still out there to be fixed before the stable release. Some things don't work as intended since most of us are in the latest release build 17134 since this version of AeroGlass hasn't been updated for a while and it's specifically compatible with build 17133 (which is a old buggy build, not recommended to use it).

Debug windows are there for people who want to test this software to provide feedback to the creator by sending the debug logs to him in order to know where to fix the code.

OK, OK, but what if I want to use this experimental build, if it's working very good for my system? Is it possible to make a litlle switch "ON"/"OFF" Debug windows? Let it stand "ON" by default, but it will be possible to turn it off:D. And let watermark stay at it's place, it does not interfere. (Sorry for my bad English - my native is Russian. And sorry for my impudence, mr. BigMuscle)

Hi all

Just got pushed the 17134 build & sure enough it broke the Aeroglass version I was running so I d/l'ed the experimental version & replaced the DLL in the Aeroglass folder with  it. It seems to half-work in that I do get transparnecy back but AeroGlass now seems to ignore the Theme I've setup (Windows 7 alike) & also DWM.exe appears to be stuck in a loop - see attached screen shot.

Is this normal for the experimental build?

Thanks for any help offered & also huge thanks to bigmuscle for his on-going efforts

dwmdotexe screenshot.jpg

6 minutes ago, andyhants said:

Hi all

Just got pushed the 17134 build & sure enough it broke the Aeroglass version I was running so I d/l'ed the experimental version & replaced the DLL in the Aeroglass folder with  it. It seems to half-work in that I do get transparnecy back but AeroGlass now seems to ignore the Theme I've setup (Windows 7 alike) & also DWM.exe appears to be stuck in a loop - see attached screen shot.

Is this normal for the experimental build?

Thanks for any help offered & also huge thanks to bigmuscle for his on-going efforts

dwmdotexe screenshot.jpg

After every big Windows 10 update you must run UltraUXThemePatcher again to get the theme working.

Yes, as Martin24 pointed out you need to patch the Windows 10 theming engine after every major update. Those Aero Glass messages look normal.

2018-05-13 1318 64-bit 10.0.17134 Stability fixes seems to be stable, please release asap! :D :P

• Like 1

First time... how to install DWMGLASS.DLL that last beta version for Win10 1803  ?

THX

Edited by danddv77

On 5/16/2018 at 6:38 PM, Aethelflaed said:

Yes, as Martin24 pointed out you need to patch the Windows 10 theming engine after every major update. Those Aero Glass messages look normal.

Yes, thanks to you & Maartin24 for pointing that out. D/L'ed & ran the UltraUXTHemePatcher & I can now choose themes again. Just on the point of the Aero Glass messages though - I don't recall dwm.exe staying resident with the last production version before the Windows update. Am I right in thinking that as the version I am now running is experimental so dwm.exe is forced to stay resident / visible & it will no longer show when bigmuscle releases the final version? I'm also assuming the watermark in the bottom rh corner of my screen will also disappear when the final version is released ?

Thanks again.

Yes, that's right. The debug window is there to help BigMuscle identify bugs should you encounter any problems. If you have an AeroGlass key, the watermark should disappear, too.

I just updated to build 1803 a few days ago. (well, it was a forced update).  I went into safe mode & replaced the DWMGlass.dll with the experimental build.  So far everything seems to be working just fine.  Haven't run into any problems

• Upvote 1

On 18.5.2018 at 6:34 PM, Aethelflaed said:

Yes, that's right. The debug window is there to help BigMuscle identify bugs should you encounter any problems. If you have an AeroGlass key, the watermark should disappear, too.

For me with the rs4_17134_1318_x64dbg version my watermark doesn't disappear with my donation.key.
In the debug log all seems fine.

Also doesn't see any glitches or bugs here. Is working absolutly stable!

debug.log

ScreenShot 034 Info.png

Edited by Cris_
typo

4 hours ago, Cris_ said:

For me with the rs4_17134_1318_x64dbg version my watermark doesn't disappear with my donation.key.
In the debug log all seems fine.

Also doesn't see any glitches or bugs here. Is working absolutly stable!

debug.log

ScreenShot 034 Info.png

That's expected behavior with testing-builds, only final builds disable the watermark with donations.

Edited by SkyySX

Except on my system it breaks every modern app and settings. So nobody encountered that?

They cause the settings to reload (a new debug window also opens), yet apart from that Modern apps, including Settings, work just fine.