Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

JTB3

Aero Glass Experimental Builds for W10 v1803 - Feedback & Bugs

Not working for me either with 17134.1. I uninstalled Aero Glass before the update, reinstalled with the installer, replaced the dwmglass.dll with the experimental one and rebooted. I clicked the retry button at the start, the message goes away and Windows loads normally but there is no debug window and it's not downloading symbols. If I open a modern app though that debug window appears and it successfully downloads the Applicationframe symbols.

debug - Copy.log

Posted (edited)

So, finally managed to install it. Ran as admin, ticked both options, after install NOT compatible, clicked retry, reboot, copied dwmglass/donation/clsharp4.2atlas, restart, NOT compatible, clicked retry, nothing happens. Restart again, clicked cancel this time, AG loads, displays the debug window/watermark and so on. I also have Glass on SOME UWP apps (not all, xbox for instance is solid black as i configured my colours).

LE : same bugs as @lolylol

Capture.PNG

Edited by Klamatiel

I can confirm this. Just tried clicking cancel and AG indeed loads normally.

It's working fine on Windows 1803, why not to remove this annoying debug window?

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, valkar33 said:

It's working fine on Windows 1803, why not to remove this annoying debug window?

Because this version of AeroGlass is still a work-in-progress and therefore unstable, many visible bugs are still out there to be fixed before the stable release. Some things don't work as intended since most of us are in the latest release build 17134 since this version of AeroGlass hasn't been updated for a while and it's specifically compatible with build 17133 (which is a old buggy build, not recommended to use it).

Debug windows are there for people who want to test this software to provide feedback to the creator by sending the debug logs to him in order to know where to fix the code.

Edited by lolylol

4 hours ago, lolylol said:

Because this version of AeroGlass is still a work-in-progress and therefore unstable, many visible bugs are still out there to be fixed before the stable release.

Plus the debug builds of Aero Glass tend to gobble memory until strange things start to happen. My monitors just went to standby at one point. Pressing Win+Ctrl+Shift+B finally crashed DWM, releasing memory and bringing monitors back to life.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Plus the debug builds of Aero Glass tend to gobble memory until strange things start to happen.

The memory usage goes up with each desktop background change on my end.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

New Experimental Build (v1318) just released with 'Stability Fixes' for W10 RS4 v10.0.17134.  I'll be testing this later today.

Aero_Glass_EV.png.4a1c9f75bb9bd56d701bf39c108c6eab.png

Thx @bigmuscle -JT

P.S.  Any chance of releasing a 'beta' version with an 'optional' debug window and only showing watermark on unregistered machines (without donation key)?

Edited by JTB3
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

The new version is much better, not getting as much lag and the weird white issue when closing the wifi panel does not happen anymore.

Edit: It looks like this version is available to non-donators as well, this is an awesome sign. Thanks!

Edited by Ajay Ramachandran
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

I'm very happy with rs4_17133_1303_x64dbg. I didn't notice those white panel glitches until it was mentioned here. I assumed those were Windows related and not AeroGlass.
I would like to see the development expanded on this project so that we could have functional builds during the insider preview for the slow ring. I'm only asking this because I just read about some rs5 builds that have a dark theme for explorer and would love to install it and feel completely comfortable in my desktop with a dark theme and AeroGlass. Many thanks bigmuscle for all that you do, it is greatly appreciated and worth donating towards. AeroGlass to me feels like an important and integral feature of Windows and for Microsoft to have stopped using it was just all too disappointing. The transparencies we are beginning to see with official builds aren't the same as what we used to expect, there is too much blur for me. I like transparency where I can still read text underneath it. 
P.S. - I'm about to update Windows and AeroGlass to rs4_17134_1318_x64dbg

Edited by netsendjoe

I thought watermark was actually removed in recent builds until I tried single-monitor configuration. But activating the second monitor (extended mode) makes it disappear.

6 hours ago, netsendjoe said:

I'm very happy with rs4_17133_1303_x64dbg. I didn't notice those white panel glitches until it was mentioned here. I assumed those were Windows related and not AeroGlass.
I would like to see the development expanded on this project so that we could have functional builds during the insider preview for the slow ring. I'm only asking this because I just read about some rs5 builds that have a dark theme for explorer and would love to install it and feel completely comfortable in my desktop with a dark theme and AeroGlass. Many thanks bigmuscle for all that you do, it is greatly appreciated and worth donating towards. AeroGlass to me feels like an important and integral feature of Windows and for Microsoft to have stopped using it was just all too disappointing. The transparencies we are beginning to see with official builds aren't the same as what we used to expect, there is too much blur for me. I like transparency where I can still read text underneath it. 
P.S. - I'm about to update Windows and AeroGlass to rs4_17134_1318_x64dbg

AeroGlass is still not compatible with rs5 (and in that build there's technically some blur implenentation on the titlebar on win32 apps which is Sets). The amount of blur in rs4 can be changed using the blur effect radius slider in the AeroGlass GUI.

Posted (edited)

Soo, latest experimental one, breaks modern apps for me. It doesn't even load. I installed AG, booted to win10live, copied the dll then restart. Nada. Now my apps/settings don't work, nor AG.

Any thoughts @bigmuscle ?

Couldn't fix it, so i did an inplace upgrade. Apps/settings work now, though i had to uninstall AG :(

Edited by Klamatiel