Continually Losing Internet Connection

Neil_G

I have several devices connected to my FIOS internet (100 up\down). All of the devices except 1 connect and stay connected with no problem using wifi (one of the device is a PC running Win 10). I have a Win 10 tablet from Asus (small 10 " screen) which sometimes connects to the internet but then will disconnect maybe 5 minutes later sometime and sometimes 30 minutes sometimes it just wont connect. I have tried using it is as static and and also as dynamic IP but still same problem. Asus has had the PC back for repair several times and even replaced the motherboard (which includes the wifi adapter) but problem still exists. The driver is up to date and I have uninstalled and reinstalled more times than I can count. The strange part is that I do not seem to have the problem when I take the PC traveling, only in my house. The PC is about 10 feet from the router and signal strength is very good (my other PC also 10 feet from router never loses wifi connection. Does anyone have suggestions?

The Asus 2-1 tablet (running Win 10) info is:

Part_no.

90NB0748-M03650

Model_Name

T100HA-C4-GR

Color

Gray Metal

Touch

Touch Screen

LCD

10.1" IPS WXGA (1280x800), glossy

CPU

Intel Quad-Core Cherry Trail x5-Z8500 1.44GHz (Turbo up to 2.24GHz)

MB Chipset

N/A

Memory

4GB LPDDR3 (1600MHz) on board

VGA

Intel HD

HDD

64GB SSD

ODD

No Optical Drive

Secondary_ODD

OS

Windows 10 (64bit)

WLAN

802.11 abgn

Webcam

2MP Front & 5MP Rear

Bluetooth

Bluetooth 4.0

Keyboard

Keyboard Dock

I/O Ports

1x Headphone-out & Audio-in Combo Jack; 1x micro HDMI; 1x USB 2.0 [Dock]; 1x Type C (gen 1); 1x Micro USB2.0

Card Reader

SDXC

Battery

30WHrs, 1S2P, 2-cell Li-ion Polymer Battery Pack up to 14 hours

Removable Battery

The wireless router is Broadcom 802.11 abgn Wireless SDIO Adapter

Also, for your info I have the same problem on both 2.4 ghz and 5.0 ghz

also, for more info.  When I do connect and it works for a while and stops sometimes I can use the network trouble shooter and it resets the network adapter and works again for a while.  Other times when it stops working the device manager under properties says that no driver is installed but when I click on the tab for driver info it shows the driver information.

It also seems that I have better luck (not any where near a solution) when the tablet is connect to power but I see no setting to not turn off wifi when on battery.

Edited by Neil_G

22 hours ago, Neil_G said:

The wireless router is Broadcom 802.11 abgn Wireless SDIO Adapter

That is the WLAN device in a computer, not a router. Are you using a hotspot or ad hoc?

When it comes to troubleshooting a wireless connection, the first thing to determine is whether or not the device loses the wireless connection (the link itself) to the wireless router. This is the equivalent of a physical connection stating "media disconnected" or not having a cable connected. For wireless, this would typically manifest as the signal meter showing an x or no bars, or the SSID (if broadcast) no longer showing in the list.

I miss spoke. the wifi is not a router, it is a WLan device as you indicated.  I am not using any hotspot or ad hoc.  It is a simple PC trying to connect to a Verizon Fios Quantum G1100 router