Getting a HP DC7700 SFF to work with 98SE

Menz666

Hi,

i have the above mentioned PC and want to set it up for using old Software (Videogame-Related, Xploder-Cartridge, which needs a LPT Port and Software is very fuzzy with Windows XP)....

Anyway, some Machine-Specs

Q965 Chipset

Core2Duo E6300

Custom HP Mainboard

1GB RAM (will Upgrade it if possible)

160Gb S-ata HDD

Integrated Video (Intel?)

Integrated  Audio (Realtek ALC 262?)

integrated NIC (Intel 82566DM?)

I installed Windows 98SE, installed Chipset-Drivers for Q965 from Creopard, seems to work.

Directx 9.0c from the same Source Seems to work,too.

HP does Not provide Drivers directly for 98SE, so i have to fiddle Around, the VGA and NIC dont want to work, i have tried several drivers. After NIC-Driver Installation and Reboot Windows is not able to configure it, VGA is 640x480 with 16 Colors because i have no working driver and the Audio-driver will install but no device is there After reboot....

Is there any of you out there who can help me?

i can provide more infos if needed.

thank you in advance,

menz666

Edited by Menz666

On 8/3/2018 at 6:37 AM, Menz666 said:

Hi,

i have the above mentioned PC and want to set it up for using old Software (Videogame-Related, Xploder-Cartridge, which needs a LPT Port and Software is very fuzzy with Windows XP)....

Anyway, some Machine-Specs

Q965 Chipset

Core2Duo E6300

Custom HP Mainboard

1GB RAM (will Upgrade it if possible)

160Gb S-ata HDD

Integrated Video (Intel?)

Integrated  Audio (Realtek ALC 262?)

integrated NIC (Intel 82566DM?)

I installed Windows 98SE, installed Chipset-Drivers for Q965 from Creopard, seems to work.

Directx 9.0c from the same Source Seems to work,too.

HP does Not provide Drivers directly for 98SE, so i have to fiddle Around, the VGA and NIC dont want to work, i have tried several drivers. After NIC-Driver Installation and Reboot Windows is not able to configure it, VGA is 640x480 with 16 Colors because i have no working driver and the Audio-driver will install but no device is there After reboot....

Is there any of you out there who can help me?

i can provide more infos if needed.

thank you in advance,

menz666

please if you can post the hardware id of the audio device and NIC, for the gpu, you would have to use the one mentioned by ABCDEFG, i uploaded a copy below to download, which may or may not work because it does not have all the packaged contents, install the gpu driver by manually changing the the vga display adapter, use have disk option and point it to the package and select whatever is listed i believe, reboot if needed and you should be able to set the resolution up to 1024x768 with 32 bit color. 

vbemp9x (128MB).zip