Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

OldProgrammer

You need win9x custom utility ?

1 hour ago, OldProgrammer said:

My hobby now is to develop win9x apps, so if you need one (excluding antivirus, firewall, web browsers, video players) i'll do almost anything in a matter of days or weeks. Tell me here what you want and i'll will say if I can do it.

http://planetsourcecode.com/vb/scripts/BrowseCategoryOrSearchResults.asp?lngWId=7&txtCriteria=antonov

here is what i can think of so far for windows 95

. a wireless wpa2 utility or something like wsc guard 4.0 which can use some sort of bypass from wep - wpa2, meaning you can run very old wireless cards that only supported up to wep but still be able to connect to wpa2 networks. wsc guard 4.0 allows wpa-psk / aes connections that can connect to wpa2 where the card only supported up to wpa, however for one, wsc guard 4.0 only works on 98 and newer and 2, most wireless cards for windows 95 only support up to wep, although i think the E5D7 mini pci card that does have a w95 driver does support wpa, at least the card itself. this utility would be for even more forwards compatibility and thus it would also be useful on 98 first or second edition if the card itself only supported up to wep. 

Cool thanks !! I believe you only mean apps for plain Win9x and not KernelEx-enhanced ??

Posted (edited)

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/syncsoft/activesync/

The current release is ActiveSync 3.8. ActiveSync 3.8.0.5004 was released on January 6th 2005. The release was targeted to secure functionality and provide updates for Windows XP SP2 systems. The 3.8 update is purely a maintenance release and provides performance improvements in synchronisation and synchronisation / cradle services speed. ActiveSync 3.8 circumvents the XP Firewall prompts that users experienced with other program versions upon first run.

As an extension of the security initiative, ActiveSync 3.8 also disables the Ethernet (LAN, BlueTooth) and RAs (Modem and WAN) connection method by default, including on upgrade installations.

What about turning on the Ethernet (LAN, BlueTooth) and RAs functions in ActiveSync 3.8. We could possibly use this as an overall Bluetooth solution.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

Please can you make a good lite office suites for 9x

Posted (edited)
On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:00 PM, MiKl said:

Cool thanks !! I believe you only mean apps for plain Win9x and not KernelEx-enhanced ??

Yes... KernelEX is a good enchancer but actually newer softwares are full of bugs running kernelex, so plain win9x apps with good exception handling are best. I recommend installing all updates in windows 9x; for example in WinMe there are over 40 updates which makes WinME very stable.

Edited by OldProgrammer

Office suites are very complex, and you can download older OpenOffice or LibreOffice version, if you need DocX support, then download a converter or convert docx online.

Posted (edited)
On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:23 AM, toutounet said:

Please, make an utility for randomizing the colors (color cycling) of windows and taskbar like in AeroRainbow, and compatible with Uberskin 8 and Revolution Pack 9 of Tihiy.

https://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.13

I will need little more research, - for example the regkeys for changing colors or themes. It will take a while.

Edited by OldProgrammer

Posted (edited)

I need someone to test my app. On my Win9x laptop the Wireless card is 2200bg and there are no win9x drivers. I managed only to install a Win2000 driver with conflict (!), and the Wifi APP I am working at gives error.

Who wants to help me , download the app from here http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=89217755349623679442

The tester's pc, laptop must have a functional wireless card with good/matching driver installed.

and then after run it: 1. Press 'Select Device' button, select your wireless card from list, press OK;

2. Press 'Refresh' button;

3. Press 'Debug messages' button,  a memo will appear;

After that, post messages from memo and optional your wireless card model here.

Note: WPA/WPA2 is not OS or Hardware dependent, it's Software dependent, so this will be the last and the easiest to do ;) I hope...

Edited by OldProgrammer

Posted (edited)

Please, make an utility for randomizing the colors (color cycling) of windows and taskbar like in AeroRainbow, and compatible with Uberskin 8 and Revolution Pack 9 of Tihiy.

If someone can point the registry key for that I can make a complete app that will change colours randomly at different time intervals or when user wants with different settings.

Edited by OldProgrammer

On 4/5/2018 at 5:35 AM, OldProgrammer said:

I need someone to test my app. On my Win9x laptop the Wireless card is 2200bg and there are no win9x drivers. I managed only to install a Win2000 driver with conflict (!), and the Wifi APP I am working at gives error.

Who wants to help me , download the app from here http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=89217755349623679442

The tester's pc, laptop must have a functional wireless card with good/matching driver installed.

and then after run it: 1. Press 'Select Device' button, select your wireless card from list, press OK;

2. Press 'Refresh' button;

3. Press 'Debug messages' button,  a memo will appear;

After that, post messages from memo and optional your wireless card model here.

Note: WPA/WPA2 is not OS or Hardware dependent, it's Software dependent, so this will be the last and the easiest to do ;) I hope...

Nothing happens

wpa.JPG

Posted (edited)
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:37 PM, PROBLEMCHYLD said:

Nothing happens

Thank you for your reply .

Of course nothing happens, :), I said click Select Device ! select a device first, then after a valid wireless device is selected then the refresh button will be available. When the refresh button is available click it, and print screen. From your picrture I can tell only that you started the program and screenshot it, you didn't select any device (wireless adapter). Here is an explaining screenshot:

scr.jpg

Edited by OldProgrammer

I follow instructions well and when I said nothing happens, that is what I meant. I am NOT a newbie!!!

TEST2.JPG