Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
ironmanlok

Possible Memory Leak on Aero 1.5.8

DWM.EXE is eating a lot of RAM, up to 10GB and from time to time I have to kill it. It usually surges after I open Steam or some YouTube tabs on chrome. Windows version is 16299.309. Is there any debug info I can collect to help solve this?

With regards.

dwm2.jpg

On 3/27/2018 at 1:26 AM, ironmanlok said:

DWM.EXE is eating a lot of RAM, up to 10GB and from time to time I have to kill it. It usually surges after I open Steam or some YouTube tabs on chrome. Windows version is 16299.309. Is there any debug info I can collect to help solve this?

With regards.

dwm2.jpg

Mine is using about 19 mb but I have 32gb of ram I have this installed on 4 computers all about the same.

I'd try downgrading/upgrading graphics drivers. Whatever the issue is, it's something specific on your end. Win10 DWM on my end consumes about 65 MB, while Win 8.1 version consumes 50 MB. I have 2 monitors, which also affects memory consumption.

It's definitely related to non standard window composition.

Steam and Chrome (with a theme that adds back glass frame) make the memory consumption goes boom.

Could any of you test any of these scenarios? Run Steam client or try Chrome with the theme "Skin of Glass (by Skarv)"?

Thanks