A few tools for maintenance of xp

flusspferd

Hi on MSFN, great to find other people spending time on this deep operating system.I myself is fond of my IBM XP Thinkpad sporting a perfect keyboard, where regular disk imaging and restore from time to time has kept the operating system in a very good order.
AOMEI generously offer AOEMI PE Builder for free. The program works on XP and is intended to burn a bootable CD/DVD for "hard metal" disk image backup and restore.Based on Windows 10 CE the build comes with AOMEI Backupper and AOMEI Partition Assistant plus a DOS prompt.
Booting the Windows 10 CE disk may take some time while stuff is loaded into memory, on the other side the virtual operating system will from its DOS prompt run monthly updated Microsoft standalone security apps.  if copied to a USB stick, some of them not working on XP itself.

MS Malicious Software Removal Tool (Windows-KB890830-V5.62)

Microsoft Safety Scanner (msert.exe)

These offers from AOEMI and Microsoft are in fact very generous.On my XP system AOMEI installed the 292Mb Windows CE files on drive d: (see the PEBuilder.ini file) 

Edited by flusspferd

11 minutes ago, flusspferd said:

Based on Windows 10 CE the build comes with AOMEI Backupper and AOMEI Partition Assistant plus a DOS prompt.

Windows 10 CE ? :w00t:

You sure? :dubbio:

The DOS prompt is of course a command prompt, not actually DOS.

jaclaz