Problems with the latest MBAE release.

Sampei.Nihira

• 4 weeks later...

I have had issues with the version 100 so dropped back to 90 and am still running it.  You mentioned in that forum thread that you didn't have access to the Malwarebytes anti exploit because the icon was not appearing in the taskbar.   I have periodic occasions where that occurs here, but I can also access anti exploit from the start menu.....

When I updated to version 100, I experienced problems printing from Microsoft Word.   I would have to disable the anti exploit before printing and it became a hassle so I dropped back to version 90 which functions properly.   I'll just hand around until they get the bugs worked out!!

• 8 months later...
22 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

The latest version of MBAE is 1.13.1.63. ;)

Any word on how well this works with our XP systems?  I've been looking at hardening up mine a bit since our patches stopped and I used to have a good relationship with this stuff until one of the more recent patches broke it.

I personally use the ver. 1.12.1.90. for the reason given in some posts above.

Use custom rules.

I have included various softwares in the Shields list.

If you run the Exploit Test Tool with MBAE, only 8/23 tests have failed.

DEP *

Rop - System () in msvrt

Rop -Win Exec via anti-detour

Heap Spray 3

Hollow process

URLMon

URLMon 2

URL Mon 3

These 8 tests can be passed thanks to the Novirusthanks OSArmor Anti-Exploit protection.

These 2 softwares installed together therefore guarantee excellent protection.

* = My DEP is Alway on for all services and all softwares.:yes:

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2019 at 6:40 PM, Dave-H said:

Sorry yes, I'm not using Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, I'm using what is now called Malwarebytes 3.
3.5.1 is the last XP compatible version of that.
:blushing:

I tried 3.5.1 and found it very slow while the last v2 version (2.2.1.1043) is working greatly together with last MBAE   

On 5/3/2019 at 6:00 PM, Sampei.Nihira said:

These 2 softwares installed together therefore guarantee excellent protection.

Any chances these 2 softwares can go in conflict in a real exploit situation over the 15/23 common tasks?   

1 hour ago, Vistaboy said:

Any chances these 2 softwares can go in conflict in a real exploit situation over the 15/23 common tasks?   

8/23.;)

The Exploit Test Tool is a very specific test to evaluate the areas of intervention or not of the Anti-Exploit.
OSA has been specifically designed to be combined with other security softwares.
With regard to an overlap of intervention that could inhibit softwares, given that I myself collaborated with the developer Andreas on many improvements, I exclude it categorically.Especially for MBAE + OSA in the versions I use in Windows XP.

4 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

8/23.;)

:whistle::roll1:

4 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

The Exploit Test Tool is a very specific test to evaluate the areas of intervention or not of the Anti-Exploit.
OSA has been specifically designed to be combined with other security softwares.
With regard to an overlap of intervention that could inhibit softwares, given that I myself collaborated with the developer Andreas on many improvements, I exclude it categorically.Especially for MBAE + OSA in the versions I use in Windows XP.

That's great, thank for the reassurance!:worship:

I use Mbam version 2.3.173.0 and it seems ok, I have even managed to register it (for free) and get full licence version, the defs update ok, Not had a problem as of yet

If anyone wants to get full licence I can/could upload to dropbox, prett simple procedure, NO installing of any kind