Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
m1ck

gaming mouse go for one handed gameplay

Posted (edited)

hi all, can anyone help?

4 years ago i had a severe stroke  and was left paralysed on my left side so basically i only have one hand i can use.

What i was wondering is i would really like to play fps games. Do you think i would be ble to would play with a gaming mouse?.

This is what i keep thinking about , would a gaming mouse any good for me?

What do  you guys think?.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

thanks..

Edited by m1ck

1 hour ago, m1ck said:

hi all, can anyone help?

4 years ago i had a severe stroke  and was left paralysed on my left side so basically i only have one hand i can use.

What i was wondering is i would really like to play fps games. Do you think i would be ble to would play with a gaming mouse?.

This is what i keep thinking about , would a gaming mouse any good for me?

What do  you guys think?.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

thanks..

maybe,no one can tell you for certain you might give it  a try with a cheap/basic one to see if it helps and if you feel its worth it then try a better one.

Posted (edited)

I use an older Logitech MX518, works great with fps, but it really depends on which fps youre thinking. Many of them have a lot of controls. Many use WSAD for movement, so you could probably set the mouse wheel click to be Forward, while mouse look will let you go left / right. Also fps games like to have mouse wheel up / down to switch weapons, you could set it to only be one direction, and use the other for a different function, like on mousewheel scroll down to jump (which is usually assigned to spacebar).

If i was in your situation (sorry to hear about it, hope every day gets easier for you), i might look into one of those pedals for racing games, and set gas / brakes to be forward / backward, so you save 2 extra binds for the mouse, but i have never used one of them, so im not sure how easy it would be to assign.

Edited by MikeyV