TLS 1.1/1.2 for IE XP64?

Hey folks,

I've been looking at @apreese16's thread from January, "IE 8 in 2018?" in which @WinClient5270 mentioned that Windows XP 2009POSReady received support for TLS 1.1 and 1.2. @dencorso describes how to get it to work for Vista. Is it possible to get this update working for XP64?

I ask because I've found myself in a rather frustrating situation. I've been playing Final Fantasy XIV in recent years. The game does not launch directly, but has a web browser-based launcher client that then launches the game. After an update this month, I was met with multiple errors. I've tried to remedy them, but it seems I've come to a dead end based on what Enkidoh says in this thread, which perfectly describes the dead-end situation in which I've found myself.

Notably, that situation Enkidoh describes happens even if you try the workaround she described in an earlier thread.

I suspect an XP32 machine using the 2009POSReady trick would be able to continue playing FFXIV by way of the TLS 1.1/1.2 update.

you could PM @heinoganda for his ProxHTTPSProxy version, which adds tls1.1/1.2 ciphers to XP, including x64, as i've tested.

NOTE: It does not literally add them, it just makes sites/resources with them usable.

Edited by i430VX

• 3 months later...

XP x64 is based on Server 2003 and therefore updates for it stopped in July 2015 (I remember the day, I was listening to a radio broadcast on BBC WS that mentioned it).

That means no TLS 1.1 or 1.2 for XP x64, because the update KB4019276 shipped in February 2018.

Unless you use the proxy route mentioned above, which will also allow you to use ECCs in IE/Chrome. It won't work if FFXIV now uses an ECC without the proxy regardless of whether you're on x86 or x64.

Edited by Jeyneko