Fresh Windows Install On Trio 10.1 Windows Tablet?

i430VX

I'm trying to do a fresh install of Windows on a Trio tablet. Model name is Trio Windows 10.1 OD. Current windows install is completely trashed, and unbootable. I believe it has windows 8.1. I tried preparing a USB flash drive with a windows 8.1 ISO, I tried Rufus, the Windows DVD download tool, and just extracting the ISO to the drive. All refuse to boot, even with the flash drive set at the highest priority in the BIOS boot list.

What am I doing wrong here?

Edited by i430VX

Should be this one:

http://www.triotablets.us/tablets/windows-tablets/pro-book-10-1/

also called "pro-book 10.1"

Should have come with Windows 10, not 8.1.

Nothing of any use on the above manufacturer's site. :(

Usually (not always but usually) the manufacturer can provide a "factory reset image", on some models (again not always) the device (like a phone) can be put in a state so that if connected to a Windows PC its internal storage is seen as a (USB) Mass Storage device.

jaclaz

32-Bit UEFI? Since when? I've never heard of such a thing.

Also if it's on 10 like that page says, isn't that Windows 8 in the picture?

I'll try to get my hands on an evil windows 10 ISO. Just fixing it for someone, I'd certainly never use 10.

By the way, I can turn Secure boot OFF in the BIOS settings, if that makes a difference in possibly running 8x86, which I haven't tried, only x64

First Ill try 8.1 x86, otherwise 10 it is, I guess

26 minutes ago, i430VX said:

Since Windows 8.0 was released. MS originally didn't want to release a 32bit OS with Windows 8 and later, but the business community (aka their customers) reacted as expected aka badly. So now we have 32bit OS still around thanks to that.

46 minutes ago, i430VX said:

It is a very definite "niche", namely only tablets or tablets like devices with less than 4 GB RAM.

As an example, I do have an el cheapo (but honestly not too shabby) Chuwi Hi8 Pro tablet that dual boots Windows 10 and Android that is 32-bit UEFI.

jaclaz

7 minutes ago, jaclaz said:

It is a very definite "niche", namely only tablets or tablets like devices with less than 4 GB RAM.

As an example, I do have an el cheapo (but honestly not too shabby) Chuwi Hi8 Pro tablet that dual boots Windows 10 and Android that is 32-bit UEFI.

jaclaz

Yeah, I have a similar tablet and I wish I could install a Windows x64 system... The x86 systems will be become more and more useless since developers nowdays are developing only x64 applications. It is still possible to install a x64 system and it is linux with a modified bootia32.efi.

Edited by slayer1994

@i430VX

Isn't this a Atom Z3735G bay trail hardware?

The touchpad is connected to a IO controller.
Do you have a OTG cable and a USB mice? Install the IO drivers first
Or embedd the relating IO drivers to Windows 8/10.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/29035/Intel-Atom-Processor

Processor I/O Controller Driver
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24096/Intel-Processor-I-O-Controller-Driver-for-Windows-8-1-

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25618/Intel-Embedded-Drivers-for-Microsoft-Windows-10-IoT-Core-32-bit-and-64-bit-MR1?product=29035

Or search at big manufacturer for bay trail hardware.
They may offer drivers (chipset / IO) .

Well Windows 8.1x86 for some bizarre reason wouldn't accept any of my MSDN or retail keys, sooo I just put 10 x86 on it.

:(

Oh well. Not my tablet. (like I'd even use one)