Enter Bios on New Tablet?

Elliot77

I'd like to do this before the initial setup, to make a disk image, etc. Is there a way to get into the bios without booting into windows first?

I do have a usb keyboard (did not come with tablet) to use. This is not a surface tablet btw.

28 minutes ago, Elliot77 said:

I do have a usb keyboard (did not come with tablet) to use. This is not a surface tablet btw.

Good :), which leaves us to guess among only one zillion - one possible tablet make/brand/model/submodel.

Maybe if you could post the EXACT make/model of the device you have it would be easier :unsure:

Anyway:

1) Is it a Dell Venue 11 Pro?

jaclaz

55 minutes ago, jaclaz said:

Good :), which leaves us to guess among only one zillion - one possible tablet make/brand/model/submodel.

Maybe if you could post the EXACT make/model of the device you have it would be easier :unsure:

Anyway:

1) Is it a Dell Venue 11 Pro?

jaclaz

I added that because prior research yielded articles stating Surfaces have a unique bios access option. I am helping someone on this, I know it is not a common brand name, so I am asking in general.

12 hours ago, Elliot77 said:

I added that because prior research yielded articles stating Surfaces have a unique bios access option. I am helping someone on this, I know it is not a common brand name, so I am asking in general.

Yep :), but you see, common or not common, each machine/make/model may have a different way to access the BIOS (not entirely unlike on "normal" PC's the procedure is via DEL or F2 or another F key or ESC) on tablets it is something like "press together volume + and power switch for 4 seconds then release the power switch" (while if a keyboard is connected AND the BIOS "sees" it then one of the mentioned keys may work), example:

0) it is not a Surface.
1) it is not a Dell Venue 11 pro.
2) Is it a Samsung ATIV?

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/computing/how-do-i-access-the-bios-on-a-tablet-pc/

(if you wish to provide it of course) the EXACT brand/make/model would avoid the senseless guessing game, saving o everyone a lot of time and hopefully avoiding botched attempts with incorrect methods.

Anyway I now asked you (I presume nicely enough) the EXACT brand/make/model TWICE, I won't ask that info a third time[1].

jaclaz

[1] Remember it is you (or your friend) that are having an issue and we are only trying to help/assist you to solve it, though the guessing game could be fun, it will take (maybe, it depends on how many kids want to play it) a loooooong time ....

Edited by jaclaz

9 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Anyway I now asked you (I presume nicely enough) the EXACT...TWICE

Actually, I have found your tone, right from the start, rather belittling. Perhaps it feels quite good for you to flex your technical expertise while belittling others when you get the chance. I don't know, but it sure seems like that. Best of luck to you.

Edited by Elliot77

13 hours ago, Elliot77 said:

Actually, I have found your tone, right from the start, rather belittling. Perhaps it feels quite good for you to flex your technical expertise while belittling others when you get the chance. I don't know, but it sure seems like that. Best of luck to you.

Not at all, I thought you were (unknowingly) in the "I'm ill, Doctor, Help!" phase described in the standard litany:

https://jdebp.eu/FGA/problem-report-standard-litany.html

and I tried (failing miserably :( BTW) to make you aware (jokingly) of the risks connected (having no valid replies, or botched attempts, or incorrect suggestions).

Best luck to you as well :).

jaclaz

17 hours ago, Elliot77 said:

He was just himself ;) and he was right saying, that if you don't provide the exact model, chances that anyone will be able to help you are near-zero.

Ways of entering BIOS on tablets might be different depending on vendor/model, and maybe even different revision of particular model. the only thing left here is trying every possible key combination in existence. And you actually need to do it right at the first time (before windows loads)... we're defusing the bomb here, and can't just check if 'something' works.

39 minutes ago, Mcinwwl said:

... we're defusing the bomb here, and can't just check if 'something' works.

Yep :) though that is much easier, it is either the red or the green wire ... (it actually depends on the actual EXACT bomb make/model) ;)

jaclaz