Compatible hardware with Windows Vista

WinClient5270

• 2 months later...

AMD Radeon R4 works with Windows Vista. I got it successfully installed on my Acer Aspire A315-21 by plugging in the Vista USB to a 2.0 port. Can't seem to get the Windows 7 Radeon R4 graphics driver working under Vista. It does have an empty 6.0 section at the bottom if anyone wants to try and get them working.

Vista also works on my HP-f233wm. Had to install it through CD drive though USB was functional after the install was finished thanks to a generic USB driver someone built for it. This did not suffer the bug that affects Haswell and later. This looks like it uses an Intel Cherry Hill Celeron N3050 processor. Again, no clue on how to get the Intel Graphics working for this processor under Vista. 7 and later work just fine. If anyone wants to try it, be my guest. I should note that if the laptop comes with Realtek Ethernet, there are still Vista drivers for it if you google Realtek insert driver name here Ethernet.

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2019 at 9:59 AM, Osman Kovan said:

I modified the 372.70 to run GTX 1050 Ti. I just took NT6.1 entries and name entries from 391.35 INF's and added to the according INF files (there are 3 plus INF files on 391.35 version but it doesn't effect anything. You can add these 3 INF files to the 372.70 but i didn't tested installer with that 3 INF files). If you didn't take name entries from the 391.35, GTX 1050 Ti will be shown as "NVIDIA DEV 1C82" or something. Aero is working and i even played a 4K without any lag. But when i played GTA San Andreas it gives 5-10 FPS. So, GTX 1050 Ti just functions like other GTX 1060/70/80. If you want that INF files, i can upload the files.

Are you able to upload the INF files? I know this is an old post so it's ok if you cant

Edited by win_mojave

On 6/1/2021 at 5:22 PM, win_mojave said:

Are you able to upload the INF files? I know this is an old post so it's ok if you cant

Yup, I have these INF files. I can upload anywhere you want. Let me prepare a readme, and then I upload file where you want.

On 6/1/2021 at 5:22 PM, win_mojave said:

From now on, I uploaded file to the Google Drive. You can tell me where I can upload the file later.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KfKfWJ4X-DCePEqksK_GwF4kPjY9opW5/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Osman Kovan

• 5 months later...
17 minutes ago, KetaMnight said:

Upgrade to SP2 please

There is no need to upgrade when everything is working for him? :lol: But yeah, upgrading to SP2 is better option than running RTM. There is alot of good new changes in SP2, you can just google what they are.

• 1 year later...

I have installed Vista Business 64 bit on a Gigabyte X570S gamimg X board with Ryzen 9 5900.  The mb has a PS/2 port.  The install went successfully to a 1.8TB seagate hard drive that had been formatted NTFS by W11.  The W11 on an NVMe drive was untouched, since Vista does not know its there.  I choose which system to boot with the F12 at power on.  Each OS does not appear to interfere with the other.  I can write to the 1.8T hard drive friom W11.  During installation there were some 1 minute type waits.  First when the blue-green screen appears before anything else.   Then another minute wait after selecting install.  I did not have to do anything to the already formatted disk. Then another minute for the first 1% to be unpacked.  I did have to use a DVD to install, since when I first tried it with a Rufus USB install it wanted a driver for the DVD.  Fortunately when it was using the DVD to install it was not silly enough to insist on a DVD driver.  No blue screens of death.   The sound worked perfectly.  But I have no USB, and no mouse, and no network yet.  Graphics card is Nvidia GT730.  What I do have is an MSI B450 (with PS/2) and another Gigabyte B450 (no PS/2) chipset AM4 boards that have W7x64 drivers available.  So I should be able to install W7 and then have available Win7 drivers to suit this B450 hardware.  But what I do not know how to do is install non Vista drivers, typically from W7 into Vista.  There are quite a lot of old drections on how to do this, but I am a bit lost and have had no success yet.  So, if someone can let me know how they have done it that would be most appreciated.  Cheers, Mark, Nov 2022.

• 5 months later...

I can't believe I haven't posted this here yet, but K4sum1 managed to get AMD Radeon Graphics drivers, for use with AMD hardware such as Stoney Ridge, working under Vista, meaning we get Aero Glass now! This also opens up much newer laptops such as Acer Aspire A315-21 from around 2017-2019, meaning you don't have to go Ivy Bridge or 2015 AMD. All of the AMD Chipset drivers will work (you will need the latest one that supports Vista), but you will need to mod each INF to include your device ID, and you will also get many unsigned driver warnings, but they all work from AMD SATA to AMD USB 3.0. The AMD TPM 2.0 driver causes a BSOD (PSP 2.0 does not), so do not try to install it. The WiFi card and Bluetooth adapter will also not support Vista, so you'll either need to use USB WiFi, Realtek Ethernet, or swap out the WiFi card for a vista capable one.

Out of curiosity, everything even works under XP except for the WiFi/Bluetooth driver as well as the graphics driver. You will, however, need a modded ACPI file. And a sidenote, I've never been able to get the VESA graphics driver to work on my Aspire A315-21, even with copying that one file manually. I do not know why it won't work despite doing it all seemingly correctly.

• 8 months later...