Thank You Big Muscle For New Aero Glass Build 1.5.9

On 12/1/2018 at 4:49 PM, UCyborg said:

Can confirm, Aero Glass 1.5.9 does not work at all on Build 17134.441. Just crashes DWM and having manually downloaded symbols doesn't help neither. Despite the presence of appropriate debug symbols, the log file says that it's loading them from patterns instead of external files.

minidump-12-01-16-29-04.7z (with debug.log)

Experimental version for Build 17763 is not usable with 17134.441 neither.

I'm working on the solution and the implementation to avoid similar malfunction in the future.

Thanks Bigmuscle... you're the man. Please don't let others dissuade you. I'll believe most are appreciative.  

After the recent issue with Win 10 v1803 17134,441 I reverted back to 17134,407 from image system copy and turned win updates to manual mode and continued to use Aero Glass for Win8.1 + v1.5.9.  I just installed  Aero Glass for Win8.1+ v1.5.10 and is working fine on 17134.407. Based on the download page and it's present available versions I'll assume and hope I'm not wrong that v1.5.10 should work on win 10 versions 1703 15603.xxxx through to present win 10 versions 1809 17763.xxx.

Can anyone confirm?  In particular 17134.441

Edited by Alanrh

@bigmuscle, thanks for update! 1.5.10 works on 17134.441 build. But now I can't tune autocolor's same way as in previuos versions. Maybe it's cause of your fix:

* fixed loading ColorizationColorBalance settings from registry

Any settings via GUI or manual editing registry gives different colors on windows titles and it's borders. Inactive windows color's looks more normal, but Window title looks more saturatad too.

I use theme with atlas. Please help.

1 hour ago, CKyHC said:

@bigmuscle, thanks for update! 1.5.10 works on 17134.441 build. But now I can't tune autocolor's same way as in previuos versions. Maybe it's cause of your fix:

* fixed loading ColorizationColorBalance settings from registry

Any settings via GUI or manual editing registry gives different colors on windows titles and it's borders. Inactive windows color's looks more normal, but Window title looks more saturatad too.

I use theme with atlas. Please help.

You should set ColorizationColorBalance to 100 to have same color on title and borders. There is a bug (or very stupid behaviour) in Windows 10 (started happen with some of the Redstone builds) which always set this value to 89 but function DwmGetColorizationParameters returns totally random values (or it returns registry value at first but it gets changes when UAC prompt is opened etc.). So I don't use this function anymore and read the value from the registry directly (so it now behaves exactly as in pre-Redstone builds).

1 hour ago, bigmuscle said:

You should set ColorizationColorBalance to 100 to have same color on title and borders. There is a bug (or very stupid behaviour) in Windows 10 (started happen with some of the Redstone builds) which always set this value to 89 but function DwmGetColorizationParameters returns totally random values (or it returns registry value at first but it gets changes when UAC prompt is opened etc.). So I don't use this function anymore and read the value from the registry directly (so it now behaves exactly as in pre-Redstone builds).

Every time when I change ColorizationColorBalance to 100 after changing wallpaper it changes to fffffff3 and active title didn't have same color as borders... I'm tried to set ColorizationColorBalance to 100 in HKLM registry part, but it didn't helps... On 1.5.9 ColorizationColorBalance changes the same way but autocolorization works normal... I have 1 comp with 407 build and 1.5.9 version works normal - title and borders have very similiar color...

3 minutes ago, bigmuscle said:

I see what you mean. The main problem is why it changes value to that weird 0xfffffff3. However, if it is always this value, the quick solution could just be to limit max value of balance.

I found similar problem described here - https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/chromium-reviews/_FyH8-EsI90

How I can limit max value of balance? Or it must be in DWMGlass.dll? Sorry, I'm not understand all of this completely...

11 hours ago, bigmuscle said:

You probably cannot do anything about it. I've studied shell32.dll code and there seems to be a bug in AutoColorization feature, so I must create some workaround.

Oh, ok. We'll be waiting. Hope you find it soon. Thanks.