Thank You Big Muscle For New Aero Glass Build 1.5.9

On 8/6/2018 at 3:43 PM, AdamW said:

of the funny string of characters (19D3E7CB2A1CC40D03B2B9A57D62097F1) that was the new folder for symbols and I figured I'd try replacing that string of characters for the link that sbkw1983 previously gave  (now: http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/dwmcore.pdb/19D3E7CB2A1CC40D03B2B9A57D62097F1/dwmcore.pdb).  I downloaded the ****.blob file and renamed it "dwmcore.pdb" (in the folder of the same name with the random string or characters), then hit "retry" on the error (all as sbkw1983 described in their previous post that I have linked above in this comment) and voila!  Instant Glass!

this broken please arrange

On 9/1/2018 at 9:42 PM, NoelC said:

...and...

Now with the end of August update Windows 10 is up to 17134.254 and I saw my donation-enabled copy download symbols again.

SYMSRV:  dwmcore.pdb from http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols: 3279872 bytes copied
SYMSRV:  PATH: C:\AeroGlass\symbols\dwmcore.pdb\7E2FFBA889DA4A0EEEC178DF672CE1B81\dwmcore.pdb
SYMSRV:  RESULT: 0x00000000
DBGHELP: dwmcore - public symbols
        C:\AeroGlass\symbols\dwmcore.pdb\7E2FFBA889DA4A0EEEC178DF672CE1B81\dwmcore.pdb

link   please

5 hours ago, RaphaelGreen said:

Nobody cares about this problem! I love it.😍

you can download it manual by this command file i give you. first you need to download and install WINDOWS 10 SDK KIT BEFORE run this command ,you need to edit it to your location my location is this.

c:\Windows\Resources\Themes\AeroGlass\symbols\*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
C:\AeroGlass\symbols\
just copy paste this folder to your location and end task dwm.exe on task manager it should work.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b5b847pb9id994d/symbols.rar/file

• 3 weeks later...

@bigmuscle
Did you do anything specifically to fix the problem that happens when using Aero Peek and not having Aero Glass running? The thing with window outlines shifting a bit. Or is it just coincidental positive side effect of Aero Glass' operation?

I see that this is still broken out-of-the-box with the new Windows 10 Build that was released recently.

• 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, gitit20 said:

Version 1.5.9 is no longer working I am still on 1803 but it did some updates tonight (not a new version of windows) but it does not seem to want to download symbols any longer  

Me neither. :( 17134.441 

Can confirm, Aero Glass 1.5.9 does not work at all on Build 17134.441. Just crashes DWM and having manually downloaded symbols doesn't help neither. Despite the presence of appropriate debug symbols, the log file says that it's loading them from patterns instead of external files.

minidump-12-01-16-29-04.7z (with debug.log)

Experimental version for Build 17763 is not usable with 17134.441 neither.

Edited by UCyborg

Thank you UCyborg…your diligence  is appreciated.

Gitiz20 Maybe they will fix it when updates drop off.

On a side note I think win 10 has transparency all wrong. The operating object should be more opaque than the background not visa versa. 

46 minutes ago, Alanrh said:

Thank you UCyborg…your diligence  is appreciated.

Gitiz20 Maybe they will fix it when updates drop off.

On a side note I think win 10 has transparency all wrong. The operating object should be more opaque than the background not visa versa. 

Yes you are right, should be like what windows 7 used.