Thank You Big Muscle For New Aero Glass Build 1.5.9

10 hours ago, Batka said:

1. Open Chrome and type: chrome://flags/#windows10-custom-titlebar
2. "Custom-drawn Windows 10 Titlebar": choose "Disabled" 
3. Restart Chrome and glass is back

Thank you...

Hi guys. After installing the latest Windows Update 10.0.17134 Build 17134 I cannot get Aero Glass to work as it should.

The glass at the window border is not working.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Screen? Also, my all Aero settings was reset after update to 1803, did yesterday, since I was waiting for stable Aero Glass, I need to set all values again in Aero Glass GUI :)

Seems OK from here with the late July cumulative catalog update in...

AeroGlassWorking17134.191.png

Notably dwm.exe popped-open a debug-like window upon first logon after the update, implying dwmcore symbols had to be downloaded...

DWMCoreSymbols17134.191.png

-Noel

It's still really sad that chrome disabled transparency on the unselected chrome tabs :(. They did it a few months ago, I hope they never remove the flag to leave the background transparent.

On windows 7 compatibility mode, there is transparency on those tabs, but then it is laggy and stuff looks less flat and has more shadows.

I've noticed few issues since latest two win updates (un-targeted branch, 1803)
Sometimes, explorer.exe is not launched (but it can be started manually)
After an update, boot screen is stuck at 100% updated. After reset, works.
I'm not sure is due AeroGlass, but worth mention it.
I've updated symbols again, maybe the issue will disappear.

//edit

Yup. I had old symbols, now it works nice :)

Edited by Hadden

OK, I just installed the new version, after I had the experimental debug version working for a while (had the symbols file in the folder called: D1149747277D9F7BA3C1C34E145203531).  But now I installed the new (non-experimental) version 1.5.9 and I get the error: "Aero glass does not know how to hook your version of dwm (0x81)" so I'm guessing I need another new symbols file.  Can anyone help me figure out where to get that - like you helped with the previous challenge?

(By the way, I had also had it working on Chrome, so thanks to you guys for helping with that.)

7 hours ago, AdamW said:

OK, I just installed the new version, after I had the experimental debug version working for a while (had the symbols file in the folder called: D1149747277D9F7BA3C1C34E145203531).  But now I installed the new (non-experimental) version 1.5.9 and I get the error: "Aero glass does not know how to hook your version of dwm (0x81)" so I'm guessing I need another new symbols file.  Can anyone help me figure out where to get that - like you helped with the previous challenge?

OK - I figured it out for myself, in case anyone had the same problem.  Basically, I followed the same general instructions from sbkw1983's post where he/she wrote about how to get the right symbols file for the experimental build.  That one didn't work for this official build (or newest minor windows update?) but I saw that NoelC here had a screenshot

On 7/29/2018 at 10:31 PM, NoelC said:

Notably dwm.exe popped-open a debug-like window upon first logon after the update, implying dwmcore symbols had to be downloaded...

of the funny string of characters (19D3E7CB2A1CC40D03B2B9A57D62097F1) that was the new folder for symbols and I figured I'd try replacing that string of characters for the link that sbkw1983 previously gave  (now: http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/dwmcore.pdb/19D3E7CB2A1CC40D03B2B9A57D62097F1/dwmcore.pdb).  I downloaded the ****.blob file and renamed it "dwmcore.pdb" (in the folder of the same name with the random string or characters), then hit "retry" on the error (all as sbkw1983 described in their previous post that I have linked above in this comment) and voila!  Instant Glass!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2018 at 8:43 PM, AdamW said:

OK - I figured it out for myself, in case anyone had the same problem.  Basically, I followed the same general instructions from sbkw1983's post where he/she wrote about how to get the right symbols file for the experimental build.  That one didn't work for this official build (or newest minor windows update?) but I saw that NoelC here had a screenshot

of the funny string of characters (19D3E7CB2A1CC40D03B2B9A57D62097F1) that was the new folder for symbols and I figured I'd try replacing that string of characters for the link that sbkw1983 previously gave  (now: http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/dwmcore.pdb/19D3E7CB2A1CC40D03B2B9A57D62097F1/dwmcore.pdb).  I downloaded the ****.blob file and renamed it "dwmcore.pdb" (in the folder of the same name with the random string or characters), then hit "retry" on the error (all as sbkw1983 described in their previous post that I have linked above in this comment) and voila!  Instant Glass!

Yes, it works for AG 1.59 and Windows 10 1803 17134.228

...and...

Now with the end of August update Windows 10 is up to 17134.254 and I saw my donation-enabled copy download symbols again.

SYMSRV:  dwmcore.pdb from http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols: 3279872 bytes copied
SYMSRV:  PATH: C:\AeroGlass\symbols\dwmcore.pdb\7E2FFBA889DA4A0EEEC178DF672CE1B81\dwmcore.pdb
SYMSRV:  RESULT: 0x00000000
DBGHELP: dwmcore - public symbols
        C:\AeroGlass\symbols\dwmcore.pdb\7E2FFBA889DA4A0EEEC178DF672CE1B81\dwmcore.pdb

-Noel