Newer motherboards that support WinXP

jim2029

On 4/9/2019 at 4:26 PM, Dietmar said:

intelppm.sys works for all languages

Even though it's ENU, there's no DEU version of it. As for halmacpi.dll, that one is DEU v. 5.1.2600.5512, so just get a bona fide WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-DEU.exe, extract the plain vanilla one and hexcompare them. Then you can describe the patch, if you feel like it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

New acpi.sys for XP SP3 32 bit,

all languages and compis.

Please tell me results for making things better

Dietmar

acpi.rar

EDIT: The problem is more complex:

On my asrock fatal1ty z370 gaming k6
with acpi.sys 5048 I get again
BSOD 0xA5 (0x03, xxx, C0140008, yyy).
And in its Bios I isolated ALL CreateQwordField instructions.

EDIT2: The problem may be really in QwordConstant:
acpi.sys from XP has no problem with this word.
But acpi.sys 5048 has.
This I know, because in DSDT table from the asrock fatal1ty z370 gaming k6
there appear QwordMemory and QwordAcc. I do not isolate them.
XP boots.

And may be because of QwordMemory and QwordAcc
BSOD 0xA5 (0x03, xxx, C0140008, yyy)
with acpi.sys 5084 on the Asrock board.

So, at the moment, acpi.sys 5084 is worse than my modded acpi.sys before.

Edited by Dietmar

16 hours ago, Dietmar said:

New acpi.sys for XP SP3 32 bit,

all languages and compis.

Please tell me results for making things better

Dietmar

acpi.rar

EDIT: The problem is more complex:

On my asrock fatal1ty z370 gaming k6
with acpi.sys 5048 I get again
BSOD 0xA5 (0x03, xxx, C0140008, yyy).
And in its Bios I isolated ALL CreateQwordField instructions.

EDIT2: The problem may be really in QwordConstant:
acpi.sys from XP has no problem with this word.
But acpi.sys 5048 has.
This I know, because in DSDT table from the asrock fatal1ty z370 gaming k6
there appear QwordMemory and QwordAcc. I do not isolate them.
XP boots.

And may be because of QwordMemory and QwordAcc
BSOD 0xA5 (0x03, xxx, C0140008, yyy)
with acpi.sys 5084 on the Asrock board.

So, at the moment, acpi.sys 5084 is worse than my modded acpi.sys before.

Excuse me, I am currently suffering an ACPI BSoD on my Bay Trail-M AIO computer. I am hoping to install XP because it's a lot faster than 8.

I've found drivers, but now I need to figure out how I can get the ACPI.sys into an installation. To do this, I have to manually replace the sys file into an archive that contains the original...only problem is the archive uses LZX:21...I have no idea if using a different type would cause the installation not to install the new ACPI.sys...I have no idea where a LZX:21 file archiver is either...

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, i solved the problem with skylake computers. I patched Longhorn 5048 ACPI BIos driver, what is compatible with Server 2003 and XP. So, now i able to boot windows XP/2003 on my Skylake computer (COre i7 6700k). I think all others Longhorn and Vista pre 5365 build can be patched and work with modern computers.

https://www.adrive.com/public/3gKU2q/acpi.sys

Who has Ryzen Computer, please, try load too. I'm not AMD architecure for now, only on future.

I tried the acpi.sys from the Longhorn build 5048 and it solved the standby problem on my Dell M4800 notebook (Haswell, QM87). And the sound is also OK (the xp version killed the sound after unsuccessful sleep, so the audio driver required to be resterted manually). It also detects the Intel USB 3 device, but the driver is still non-working (it can be installed now by the modified inf files). Newer acpi.sys builds from Longhorn (5112 and above) are incompatible (0x0000007B error).

Now I need to solve the screen problem - after the standby the monitor remains turned off, and I can not turn on again. So I must send to standby and it is mostly recovered 2nd time correctly. It is probably because notebook is switched back to the Intel integrated graphics instead of nVidia, but in XP using multiple garaphics adapters is not supported. Is there a way to reinit the nVidia graphics (without restarting/logging out)?

I use two graphics cards on my triple boot system, because one of them has no Windows 98 drivers, and the other one has no Windows 10 drivers!
I use the very wonderful Nirsoft's Multi-Monitor Tool to switch between them on Windows XP, which I can do at will.
I have shortcuts set up for that, and it might be possible to run a shortcut on startup to always select the right card via the tool.
Just a thought, it does seem a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut, but it might just work!
:dubbio:

Edited by Dave-H
Typo

Interesting. This tool not works as intended on my computer, but solved my problem (at least partially). It can not turn off the screen properly - it will switch back after 2-3 seconds. The /enable function have no effect at all (it can not enable the disabled screen). But the /disable or the /switch commands are able to re-enable the disabled screen. So now I can use 2 programs, one for disabling, and this for enabling. Thanks for the tip.

The Dell have proper tools for supporting these functions, but it requires Windows 7 and .NET framework 4 (officially) - on XP x64 Edition the screen switching fails similiar as in the Multi-Monitor Tool. And all these tools are slow (reaction times are sometimes near 0, sometimes about 2 sec). I hate the .NET framework.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,
I am happy, when all AMD Ryzen users can make a quick test via rw-everything,
if there is a MPS table on their board.
For this, just click MPS on top of the RW-everything window
Dietmar

PS: I do not succeed to install Vista 32 bit on any Ryzen board. It is, because APIC mode is not enabled via Bios,

and so ACPI fails.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Dietmar said:

New acpi.sys I make

which works until now on any XP SP3.

AMD, Intel, new, old boards, all languages.

Please test test test and tell results

Dietmar

acpi.rar 113.03 kB · 5 downloads

This is pretty neat. I don't have any newer hardware to test on, but I'm surprised more people haven't chimed in on this, yet.