Newer motherboards that support WinXP

jim2029

On 11/16/2018 at 4:13 AM, Dietmar said:

Hi all,

I just install XP SP3 on a

Asrock fatal1ty z370 gaming k6 motherboard

with 64 GB and 9900k cpu. Speed is amazing, about 30% faster than Win10.

I did a long search on a motherboard for coffee lake and XP.

I think, this board is the only one today, 15. November 2018, with works with XP in full.

All works: ASMedia ASM3142 USB 3.1 with 300 Mbyte/s on Sandisk USB stick

Samsung pro 970 nvme as boot medium for XP,

sound Realtec

lan Intel 211v

Gafik Palit 980 GTX

COM1 serial,

have a nice day

Dietmar

Hi there, Please take a sceenshot, I don't think they're working in full,

I really did long searching and found nothing LAN/ USB3/ ME/ driver exist with XP32, which I think "nearly impossible".

appreciate if  you can post some evidence to proof  your success.

I got AsRock Z170 OCF so LAN driver for xp32 is the top essential that I looking for.

Peace

Sorry, couldn't find drivers for XP, Only Windows 7+. It's an Intel NIC commonly found on the higher end 100-series motherboards, unlike cheap Realtek chip like on my ASRock H110M-DVS R3.0 motherboard which works with Windows 98 SE+.
Dietmar, if you can share the XP drivers for the Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V chip, it would be helpful. It is a simple INF mod, or is the driver modded itself?

Edited by MrMateczko

I modded the .INF to support NTx86.5.1 so that I can force the manual installation go.

Name of device now shown properly, so sad the driver installed but "Code:39" is shown,  networking is not function.

I hope someone could help.:no:

untitled.PNG

On 3/28/2019 at 8:03 PM, Diesel said:

I modded the .INF to support NTx86.5.1 so that I can force the manual installation go.

Name of device now shown properly, so sad the driver installed but "Code:39" is shown,  networking is not function.

I hope someone could help.:no:

untitled.PNG

Instead mod XP compatible driver with your device ID .

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24555/Intel-Ethernet-Drivers-for-Microsoft-Embedded-Operating-Systems ji

After very good results for speed test in any situation,

and long life,

I just ordered an

Intel Optane SSD 905P 960GB, PCIe 3.0 x4 (SSDPED1D960GAX1)

and will install XP SP3 on nvme on it.

I use the EVGA dark z390 motherboard for this,

it has a brand new BIOS with full XP ACPI support.

In few days I report about,

Dietmar

20 hours ago, Dietmar said:

After very good results for speed test in any situation,

and long life,

I just ordered an

Intel Optane SSD 905P 960GB, PCIe 3.0 x4 (SSDPED1D960GAX1)

and will install XP SP3 on nvme on it.

I use the EVGA dark z390 motherboard for this,

it has a brand new BIOS with full XP ACPI support.

In few days I report about,

Dietmar

No need to show off anymore,

All talk, sounds fantastic, no contribution.

We asked you to share how your success is happened but you chose to ignore.

see here

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

No need to show off anymore,

All talk, sounds fantastic, no contribution.

We asked you to share how your success is happened but you chose to ignore.

see here

You may want to tone it down a bit.

Dietmar may be not in the top list of "communicators", but he is usually very reliable in his reports.

Remember (maybe you don't even know this) that if we can boot XP from USB is mainly due to his research in 2005-2006, JFYI:

https://web.archive.org/web/20161206070712/http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=14181

jaclaz

Of course, Dietmar deseves respect, and, in what regards to contributing, he did so more than most already. :worship:
That said, his results with Kai's NVMe.sys were quite different than mine, and I suspect that's due to the fact he used a single NVMe disk stand-alone (and hence caused XP not to load scsiport.sys during start-up), while my results were due to my not being interested in actually booting from NVMe, but just using it on a system booted from any other device, and so doing it in a machine with other SATA HDDs and SSDs (which lead XP to load scsiport.sys, and this *seems* to be the reason why storport.sys fails to load afterwards). This is a question that remains to be eventully elucidated.
Another thing is the "modded acpi.sys" which is referred to here and there, most often at Fernando's, but not released in any form nor, AFAIK, described suficiently for others to reproduce the mod. By now it's pretty clear that either modding the actual board BIOS or (much better) replacing the default acpi.sys by a modded one is of paramount importance to get useful results from Sunrise Point and later chipsets.
And, BTW, for those wondering, no: there is *NO* intel USB3.x drivers for XP up to the present. But, for non-intel USB3.0 controllers, drivers do exist and work well (Renesas/NEC and ASMedia, at least).
But all in due time. I, for one, right now, am just curious, nothing more, of course! :yes: