Newer motherboards that support WinXP

jim2029

17 hours ago, dencorso said:

Link, please!

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22875/Intel-HD-Graphics-driver-for-Windows-XP32-Embedded?product=80939

Your request My command

Unfortunately I'm not lucky... :(

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88967/Intel-Core-i7-6700HQ-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3-50-GHz-

Looks like the latest drivers for my Intel i7 6700HQ are for Windows 10 only and the oldest ones are for Windows 7 and up.

I'm totally relying on my NVIDIA GTX 950M, but it would be nice to have drivers for the integrated Intel graphic as well.

Edited by FranceBB

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2018 at 7:00 PM, sdfox7 said:

I just ordered a M5A97 R2.0 motherboard, but until I have it - and hopefully the manual also in my hands, I don't know what version of RAM to get for it. Can anyone find that for me?

5 hours ago, Roffen said:

I just ordered a M5A97 R2.0 motherboard, but until I have it - and hopefully the manual also in my hands, I don't know what version of RAM to get for it. Can anyone find that for me?

DDR3, most any speed will work with the M5A97 R2.0, I personally use this in mine: (Although it's twice as much as it used to be when I bought it!) https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-HyperX-FURY-1866MHz-DDR3/dp/B00J8E91UO

Also, I'm curious: What CPU and GPU are you putting in it?

Edited by i430VX

19 hours ago, i430VX said:

DDR3, most any speed will work with the M5A97 R2.0, I personally use this in mine: (Although it's twice as much as it used to be when I bought it!) https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-HyperX-FURY-1866MHz-DDR3/dp/B00J8E91UO

Also, I'm curious: What CPU and GPU are you putting in it?

With hyper x you can never go wrong . I am using hyper X fury . These ram modules are absolute beast.

22 hours ago, slayer1994 said:

Does ryzen work on xp?

I know @XP-x64-Lover had mentioned before the forum crash that he was trying.

his post read:

I've tried on a Ryzen based board; 90% of the drivers were compatible but, I got evil acpi.sys blue screen of death errors on boot up or install (More likely due to ACPI 5.1 within BIOS. Perhaps a BIOS modding would fix that?)

I wonder if xp x64 lover has made any progress?

Edited by i430VX

On 6/30/2018 at 3:01 AM, TrevMUN said:

I'd be interested in finding an AMD-based motherboard though, since it's been said that AMD-based hardware is immune to two of the three variants of the Meltdown/Spectre exploits.

Asus Sabertooth 990FX Rev2.0 (not sure about rev1) running amd-fx 8350 32gb ram radeon HD 7800 series- WinXP x86 + x64 run great. Sadly when they moved to Rev3.0 they dropped xp support. I know they changed some components when they rev'd, but i am not sure how much you could "force" the rev2 drivers into rev3.

Gigabyte GA970A DS3P Rev2.0 (NB AMD 970) running AMD FX6300 with 8GB ram (Vengence), Nvidia MSI GTX 660 and Samsung EVO 850. WinXP SP3 x86 runs very well. This mobo only has a 4+1 VRM which is fine as I don't o/c anymore.

Also have the Gavotte RAM patch on the XP partition from which I run virtual ram.

Good Luck

Edited by risk_reversal

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone, I have been away for quite some time but, I wanted to let you all know that I have new information regarding how to get Windows XP Professional x64 Edition to boot in AHCI mode on the Intel Storage Controllers. It's corresponding to my ASUS SABERTOOTH x99 Drivers post. That is you'll find new information regarding ASUS SABERTOOTH X99 on XP x64. I've created a simple step by step guide on how to install and boot the onboard Intel AHCI drivers in XP x64. Just scroll down to my latest comment and yu'll see the Guide.

I sincerely hope this helps.

XP-x64-Lover :wub:

Edited by XP-x64-Lover
More info.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I just install XP SP3 on a

Asrock fatal1ty z370 gaming k6 motherboard

with 64 GB and 9900k cpu. Speed is amazing, about 30% faster than Win10.

I did a long search on a motherboard for coffee lake and XP.

I think, this board is the only one today, 15. November 2018, with works with XP in full.

All works: ASMedia ASM3142 USB 3.1 with 300 Mbyte/s on Sandisk USB stick

Samsung pro 970 nvme as boot medium for XP,

sound Realtec

lan Intel 211v

Gafik Palit 980 GTX

COM1 serial,

have a nice day

Dietmar

9 hours ago, Dietmar said:

Samsung pro 970 nvme as boot medium for XP,

I am not aware of a NVME driver for XP. Also I have not seen a CSM based NVME Boot.

Are you sure you are using NVME not SATA or AHCI?

@rloew: Read this: http://reboot.pro/topic/21812-community-ofa-nvme-15-storport-miniport-for-windows-server-2003-r2-sp2/

I've had no success at all with it, though, either on my P8Z68-V LX or on my H67MA-E35 B3, each powered by a 3770K i7, with either a 250GB Samsung 360 EVO or a 370 EVO. BTW, the very latest extant storport.sys (v. 5.2.3790.4485) is findable inside WindowsServer2003-KB957910-x86-ENU.exe

asrock-XPnvmeboot.jpgHi all,

in next days I get a CH341A Bios flash programer.

After reading a lot about modding Bios,

I think it is also possible, to bring full  ACPI support back to XP.

The fatal1ty z370 gaming k6 motherboard has the MX25L12873F Bios chip

and also a second Bios chip, if something bad happens during flash.

The Asrock motherboards have the best Bios support of all motherboards I think,

and because of this it is exact the right test object:)

have a nice evening

Dietmar

@dencorso: It was also a hard beginning for me. Nothing works.

But now, there is full bright light.

Edited by Dietmar