Links Bar in IE

Aaron

You know for years I turned that off, killed and anything possible I could to stop it. Its turned off by reg tweak right now or I thought it was.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER, "Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar

LinksFolderName = ""

Thats all my favorites and I did Not move them to the Links folder. However to get that I have to turn Links on in the toolbar and in my Favorites the Links folder is empty = thought it was off. Its something else I done and I'm working on it to make it better.

I just wanted to know if there was another way to get it before I mess with this. So I assume what you're saying is I could move all my Fav's into the Links folder and it would do that.

But do you see Links in mine?

This is not Folders created in Links its something else but I got side tracked on something else and get back to this later. Trying to create something to do this simply.

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to find info in same area, but with different outcome. I noticed that you had changed the registry key ...LinksFolderName to be a blank string. That's prolly why you don't see the word "Links" next to the links toolbar. If you don't want it to show up in IE, try clicking on View/Toolbars and seeing if the Links toolbar is checked - if so - uncheck it. If not, hmmm... idunno

Any idea on how to actually move the location of the Favorites folder for the Admin acct? Each of the other users has their favorites in their own user directory, but the Admin acct seems to be stuck in the WINNT/Favorites folder.

Tks & HTH (above)

You do the reg tweak thing so you don't see Links at all in Fav's, Ok

May be why you don't see that in mine because its not actually Link's but then I turn Link's on in right click to see my toolbar.

? yes I've seen that but don't recall offhand and been too busy lately to look directly but you said WINNT/Favorites. Is that NT or Xp?