System Restore Points XP

DrWho3000

Can someone point to me why my system restore points are not highlighted in Explorer, they did used to be be highlighted in blue, now its grey, been like this for a few days now, they did always turn blue after 1-2 days

if you goto the system restore page it shows as highlighted in blod and can be restore to those point

system restore 1.JPG

system restore.JPG

If that is the case  why are they not compressing them, they used to, they are all blue (not grey) on the other PC, they were always blue, also I'm not getting system checkpoints like I used to

the amout of file space to use is set to maximum

Yes but it may solve the problem, if your system works in a proper way you can try it and make new restore points afterwards (also you can make a disk image with suitable software which will contain the old restore points).

1 : ) the main folders are  grey, which usually are blue,, the sub folders /files are in blue

Not sure about 2 where do i find that

i did try to attach 2 jpgs but the site wouldnt let me

Edited by DrWho3000
update

If the subfolders/files are in blue then they are compressed and there is no difference if the main folders are grey or blue. Are you sure they were really blue? Anyway you have no real problem, you can just let the whole thing as it is now.