(Solved) Internet keeps dropping out Windows 10 1803

bookie32

HI guys!

I have read tons of threads regarding the problem with Internet connection in 1803....I have yet to see one that works...

I have tried updating the driver for the intel network card and it still keeps dropping out...

I have tried resetting winsock and that works for a while and then the same problem.....!!!

Bloody Windows 10 crap!

Has anyone found the real problem behind this...apart from Microsoft?

bookie32

• 4 weeks later...

Most of people faceing problem in Windows phone, I have also used Window phone there are more limitations. The major problem is software, because most of the application work on Android and window does not support to Android platform. Mentioned hyperlink will be more beneficial to you.

https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-april-2018-update-common-problems-and-fixes

1st post general question, 2nd post general answer. Hey Vits USA, let's try to be more specific around here, we don't post general links and hope a user fixes their problem by reinstalling Windows or disappearing from the forum forever!

What type of networking are you referring to? Is it wired or wireless?

We can start there.

Ok the next thing to determine is what exactly is happening when the connection is lost. Does the NIC report media disconnected? Is it possible that connection still exists but name resolution fails? Are there any relevant logs in Event Viewer when the connectivity issue arises?

It is extremely helpful if the no-connection situation can be replicated, otherwise troubleshooting can be a bit difficult. The simple test is to run pings. You want to know if the issue is at the machine or somewhere else down the line.

I would run 2 cmd windows set to run ping on two different IP addresses, using -t option (which will make it run until a break (Ctrl+C) is used, or CMD is closed. The two addresses would be first, a popular website such as google. The IP address might be different in your country, but at the moment for me it is 172.217.12.206. The second address would be one within your LAN. If not the cable modem, or a router, or perhaps another physical computer/device on the same subnet.

ping -t 172.217.12.206
ping -t 192.168.0.1

the second being an example address, you'd have to determine what IP to put. Note: whichever IPs you use for the outside and inside addresses, make sure you get replies to them first by using regular ping (no -t) to make sure you get responses. Then run them using -t for the recurring ping.

Then you can leave these up on another monitor, or just minimize them. When you are accessing the internet and the connection stops working, then open them up and see if they are both still getting replies or not. If both still have replies, but your internet doesn't work, you can try to ping a domain name, like google.com (not -t required) or use nslookup to see if name resolution is working. If the ping to the internal network is working but not the one to the internet, then you know where the problem lies. If both pings show no replies, then we know it is a problem with the computer itself, be it hardware or software.

On 7/24/2018 at 11:31 AM, bookie32 said:

For my customer it is wired and Intel card

be more specific.  what kind of wired intel card?  use Speccy (and look in the Network section) to determine the network adapter model.

Edited by erpdude8

I am so sorry guys.....

Have been so busy....

My customer has collected the computer and I haven't written down on customer info about the network card...but according to Asus it is a Intel® I219V, 1 x gigabit LAN-controller, GameFirst technology...

I do apologise for not commenting here earlier....

I will let you know if he still gets problems...

bookie32

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/26/2018 at 12:51 AM, bookie32 said:

HI guys!

I have read tons of threads regarding the problem with Internet connection in 1803....I have yet to see one that works...

I have tried updating the driver for the intel network card and it still keeps dropping out...

I have tried resetting winsock and that works for a while and then the same problem.....!!!

Bloody Windows 10 crap!

Has anyone found the real problem behind this...apart from Microsoft?

bookie32

Recently completed a new Windows 10 computer build within the past month and right off began experiencing the internet connection drop off and often times, failure to connect on bootup.   I installed a new Realtek driver, switched my router to another, changed TCP settings and nothing worked.   On a hunch, I exchanged my ethernet cable for a new heavier one and it works fine now.......Can't say this is your solution, but, this is what worked for me!!!

I tried Windows 10 1803 on my laptop again a while back for a very short time. I don't know how it used to work at one point with an older build, but once again, I encountered an issue when wired and wireless adapter are bridged, wireless adapter drops connection shortly after the another computer is connected to laptop's wired adapter. No such issue on Windows 8.1.

I don't know what the issue is in OP's case, but when you have bugs in Windows' own networking stack, no driver update for the network adapter will be able to tackle the issue.

Have you tried deleting the current wifi driver and then restarting and letting windows install it for you? Have you tried downloading the latest driver and then preforming the above and then on reboot install the latest wifi driver?

Bluestacks TextNow VPN

Edited by nateliv

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, gloriawilliams said:

Make sure your firmware is updated, all derives installed successfully. Reset all the settings. Open control panel and forget all previous wifi network options. Turn OFF your computer and open after 20 sec. 

Also don't forget to put your hard drive in the freezer for 20 minutes. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the info here guys!

I will use this thread as a place to check if I have done everything....lol

After resetting winsock and reinstalling the driver before giving the computer back to the customer I haven't heard about any more problems....so I will call this solved....

bookie32

• bookie32 changed the title to (Solved) Internet keeps dropping out Windows 10 1803